The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be alot of interest on this subject so I took some photos of one we are installing in our dealership right now. We will install somewhere around 30-36 units this year for the CNH plant here in Grand Island. We do the 2577/88s also.

Hillco just bolted into place after removing original axle and bolting transmission to new axle.

Closeup of electrical controls mounted in center of axle.

Operator control panel mounted in cab.

Rear axle showing the new Hillco center section that is raised up to keep combine sitting level.

This is the adapter that is bolted onto the front of the feeder house. The photo is taken from the backside and shows the slave cyl located at the bottom of the picture that is hooked to the master cyl located on the top side of the axle and is used to keep the header angle adjusted to the hillside.

We should have this unit finished up in a few days and outside to test the system. I will try and post more photos then.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Holy Grand Island Batman!! Somebody has hi-jacked Strikers photo's!
Something went wrong here Striker....got a peek at them yesterday
AM......now they are gone....would really like to see them. In the
meantime....from back in '05 when ours was delivered....local dealer
managed to get the wrong rear tires mounted.....a test of the leveler
revealed that they were going to hit the separator at max level &
a max turn.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello 98j.
I don't know where the pictures went. They were still up yesterday. I have a few more I will try and post Monday. Where was your picture taken? The man in the photo looks like one from a dealership in that area that toured the combine plant last year and he and another of his co workers stopped by our shop to go over some ideas with us.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:Hello 98j.
I don't know where the pictures went. They were still up yesterday. I have a few more I will try and post Monday. Where was your picture taken? The man in the photo looks like one from a dealership in that area that toured the combine plant last year and he and another of his co workers stopped by our shop to go over some ideas with us.

Hmmm.......picture gremlins musta got in and stole them. The picture
above was taken at Morrow Co. Grain Growers (MCGG) in Wasco, Oregon back in '05 when our 8010 was delivered. The man in the picture is Daryl Crea of Hillco who was there to check out the delivery on behalf of Hillco. There had been some sort of mis -communication and the combine had been fitted with the wrong
rear tires....in the max level condition and then a max turn the tires
would hit part of the separator. The Ace crew at MCGG quickly had that problem resolved with new wheels & tires of the right size. About time for you to come out and go for a check ride, isn't it???
What better way to insure that ALL the bolts get tightened?? Looking forward to more pictures of the installation process.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just wondering are you installing all the levellers for CIH for sale in the Northwest at your dealership? I know a local welding shop used to install them on the 2388's here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No wonder that guy looked familar! Daryl was back here over a year ago when we installed our first 8010 Hillco and has been back several times since. My installer talks to him frequently. To answer your question redpainter, if the dealer in this country orders the Hillco option when he orders the combine, we most likely will install it. This is the same way it was handled when the combines were built at East Moline. They had a contract with outside people to do the work. It isn't feasible for the plant to do such few numbers considering the amount of machines they build in a year. The plant is steadily increasing daily production to fill all the combine orders and construction is underway for the new building to house manufacturing the hay products that are coming back to GI.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some dealers choose to install their own, but yes, the majority of the levelers on new combines are installed "near factory" in Grand Island or in Milan, IL for the green machines.

Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts