The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was moving our new to us 8010 around the yard last night and noticed a definite hyd noise coming from under the cab when the steering wheel is moved and when auger in and out functions are on. It sounds almost like a growling/cavitating sound.
I then moved our other 8010 into the shop and no noise at all on either function. Any ideas? Will the noise disapear with some useage? this one is accuguide ready would that have anything to do with it? it seems to be coming from under neath your right foot. I haven't had a chance to look any further into it yet, its easier to ask here first.
This unit is a 2007 model with 900 eng hours, it was an auction buy , so we are on our own.
thanks
Michael

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
michael we get the same noise in our 7010 2007 with 2000 eng hrs sometimes but mostly when it is realy cold i have been putting it down to heavy oil. i have't been to worried because the oil tank is full and if it heats up it seem to go away. but i would be as interested to see what people think.

Roger

·
Registered
560 Posts
could be noise related to the guidance valve or plumbing. You can isomount the valve or reroute hoses - your dealer has some information on this issue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We have an 08 8010, same noise right under your feet. Asked the dealer and they said it was because of the accuguide which is mounted right under the cab. They said to check the valve and make sure it wasn't touching the cross members under there other than that it is a common noise and u have to live with it. It's annoying as heck but you do get used to it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I run an 07 8010 with accuguide and I don't remember a noise like that under the cab. Our dealer has a lot of accuguide machines out, I will talk to their combine guy next week and see if they put any updates on my machine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping that its something simple as getting it good and warm maybe it will fix itself?lol Oil levels are good, but I haven't done anything other than drive it around the yard twice. If it ever quits raining here we may be able to try it out mid week on some peas in SE sask
Thanks for the input so far
Michael

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the supply line going to the accuguide valve was touching the cab mounts and everytime oil was needed this hose would stiffen up and vibrate causing the noise heard in the cab. You couldn't hear the noise from outside at all, only was i could find it was laying on feeder house while someone moved auger in and out.
Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts