The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost some hydraulic functions last night on my 2007 case 8010 combine. Unload auger swing; reel raise and lower; reel fore and aft for sure, maybe there is more. Spent time with service dept on the phone and it seems it may be a CCM failure. The one code that came up was jammer valve failure. When we jumped 12 volt power to the jammer valve solenoid we could then operate the reel functions. We don't seem to be getting any signals to the solenoids on the valve body on the left hand side of the combine that is behind the concave access doors. No tech available today to confirm diagnosis and was told there likely would not be a CCM in store. My question is: can I hot wire the jammer valve and then it would seem that I could continue combining? Alternatively I could rig up a temporary momentary contact switch in the cab that would activate the jammer valve whenever I wanted to raise or lower the reel. We are in crop that was flattened by the recent snowfall so the reel function is getting used a lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did get the momentary contact switch rigged up and we were able to run. Tech came out Monday AM and did a thorough look at the wiring; ended up finding a bundle of grounds up under the cab that had been compromised. Out of about 10 wires, four were tore off and a couple more were skinned up. No idea what could have happened to them; just about impossible to even see these wires unless you lay on the feeder house and slide up under the cab but it solved the problem and no parts needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts