The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 8010 new to us this year and worked great in beans, but wondering about settings in corn. Have 20-25 percent corn 175-225bpa yielding corn and wondering what the machine is capable of? Running 12 row 30inch head. Have two round bar and two large wire concaves in. Trouble with leaves plugging concaves. Can do about 4mph, then get losses. ? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Run 4 round bar concaves and 4 skip wire concaves and put vanes in slow open concave and speed up rotor open bottom sieve all the way and top around 15-20 precleaner closed to first notch. I am currently in 200bu. corn @ 21% moisture and 5.5 mph and doing a nice job.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Running an 08' 7010 with the ST rotor... here are my setting from today.

21.5% M, running 220-240bpa dry.

Have a full set of Kuchar grates... plugging has never been a problem with these... no matter how wet or green the trash is.

Rotor 360
Concave 6
(Not sure how relates since this setting is suppose to read in mm now and go from 0-80 or something but mine still only goes from 0-25 and no longer shows a decimal place since my dealer updated some software... sigh)

Presieve is in the 3rd notch UP from the bottom
Top Sieve = 21
Bottom Sieve = 19
Fan = 1010 rpm

Rotor cage shifted all the way to the right (when standing behind the combine)

Total loss in the 1-2bpa range behind me

Running 5.5-6mph averaging somewhere around 3,000bph through put with an 8 row head.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I run 3 round bars. On right side one in the 2nd position. On the left side I run 2 in the first and second position.
I run the presieve at notch 3 or 4.
I run the rotor at 320 and the concaves at 5.
Running top sieve at 19 and bottom sieve open at 21.
The sample looks good.
Running at 3000 plus Bu/hr
Some guys are also tilting their sieves off center to the left to load the sieves more even.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. How critcal is moving the vanes. mine are in the middle. Also, how do i tip my sieve to the left, and how far do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have all four round bars in. Anytime i tried even one large wire, it plugged with leaves instantly. I run concave at 5, rotor at 420, have 1 5/8 corn slat on top, and 1 5/8 cloz slat on bottom. Return seems high, can you take the bottom sieve out? Its all the way open anyway, my top sieve is on 19-20.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Your return sensor paddle is probably hung up giving you a false reading, very common problem. My funnel is in the red all the time from it. If you have your bottom sieve all the way open how can you be getting any returns?

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you have the two speed clean grain elevator and it is set on low speed you will have high returns even with the sieve wide open. Two speed clean grain is standard on all 20 series optional on the 10 series. Don't forget to set speed on high when doing corn.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My elevator speed is 430, is that fast or slow? Even with top and bottom sieve all open, i still get returns

1 - 10 of 10 Posts