The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some settings for the 8010 in confectionary sunflowers? We are having a real tough time getting this thing to make an acceptable job without loading up the return. We have run the round bar concaves on the front 2 and the wheat concaves on the rear, have also installed cover plates on the rotor cage to keep plant material from cominf through. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no we finished up in november, but there are still some standing around the country. I'm just trying to find out what to do for next season as our case shop doesn't sem to have the answer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I ran slotted grates in the front three positions and solid in the rear. Raised chopper knives to cut down on mog dropping on sieves. I think the rest was pretty close to book settings.

If I remember right my dock varied from 1-3.3 depending on the variety of the suflower and moisture content. Sample was actually better with 8010 than previously owned 16 and 20 series combines I owned. Virtually vilch out the back!! This was in oil flowers, never have raised confections.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we have been running slots in the front four and narrows in the back four. works great doesn't over load the seive Did any one see the concaves at the brandon ag show they are supose to get rid of white caps in hard spring wheat and reduce power because the concave can be run wider

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have any one of you had to cover up the rotor cage with the cover plates? We did some dead stalls and found quite abit of material coming through the holes in the rotor cage. We have been running our rotor at about 300 rpm and the concave a fairly far open. What about your wind speed and sieve settings? It seems that we just have been beating up the plants so much that the material is faling onto the sieves and loading everything up. I talked to a csr at brandon about this and he also talked about the smooth slotted bean concaves as well as covering up the back set with a full cover plate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My settings are the same as North1. first 4 slotted and the last 4 solid. I ran the rotor around 280-300 and the wind around 700 to 750rpm. I started the year with first four as the large concaves and the rear solid. ( which I used the year before with a higher yield just fine) However I was having a lot of tailings and couldn't control the tailings with the sieves and the wind. So I put in the slotted grates. Sieves were 18 top and had to run the lower one wide open or I would plug the fan. I played with my wind up and down and couldn't get away from high tailings and plugging the fan. To high of a fan anything over 800 and the seeds were going out the a** end. Yes I went back and checked if the sieves were opening and closing both the bottom and the the top. Well I just watched the left side anyways on the lower sieve because it is hard to see in there and I was in a hurry.
. This winter I took the sieves out to power wash them to get the sticky junk off and guess what I found. On the lower sieve right side the bolt that the adjustment arm pivots on had broken and well the sieve was pretty closed on that side. So that is why I had to run the bottom sieve wide open was only one side was letting the seeds and wind through. I guess I now know a lot of answers on what was going on. Hope this helps some. The slotted grates does help to keep some MOG from sitting on your sieves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts