The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stole these from a nice fella over at agtalk.
Local salesman said a large farm family around eastern ND took tracks off a quadtrack and mounted them. CNH engineers are VERY interested, but are looking into a design more like Cats.....I mean Claas's track for lexions.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
that is very awesome looking..

also i don't know anything about tracks but...

Wouldn't this design work better that the longer one you see on cat's.

I would think since its not as long it might turn sharper?

just a thought that poped in my head when reading the first post..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here is the problem with this design vs cats. They use the final drives to support the combine with the wide/long foot print. With a cat the combine is carried on the axle and the final drive is on the track frame, it's only job is to make the track move.

I have had Grip Tracs beside my Cat and they are the same length.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
they are like a quad the weight is carried by the lower frame the final drive is hooked to the large drive wheel which carries no load these are direct drive not friction as for ride who knows? Case Ih built these

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
IMO !!! Anytime you have a track arranged in an acute angle triangle, or an isosceles triangle (I think that's a few of what they're called) or anything other than a right angle, where one corner is mounted (usually the drive wheel) and the rest have to follow the terrain, you are limited in your placement of the pivot axle or walking undercarriage pivot. With the standard low drive setup, you can pretty much locate the pivoting axle anywhere. IMO

Another factor IMO that is or should be looked at, is the tracks entry angle into the soil. The larger the diameter of the front wheel or idler, the better the flotation and lower the compaction is. IMO.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Nice fella really,

You gotta "get on it" there Mag! Where is this machine, and whats the true story as you know it?

·
Registered
109 Posts

Just trying post pics for the first, here is the nieghbours 8010 with tracks in Ontario. Not sure who makes them? It's there 3rd set of tracks in the last 15 years. they started with steel in 1992 on a 1680.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think? that new Redbine could've been at Farm Power Inc. of Elbow Lake Mn. He's tied in w/Titan Machinery now. www.farmpowerinc.com .Or at a Titan Machinery dealer up north? I'm also thinkin' Yaggie's or Miller Bros. farms? I could be wrong on all counts.

We noticed a 9660sts w/griptracs @ Slayton Mn. JD dealer so any machine could be fitted w/tracks.I was told a set of Griptracs cost around $40,000+-.
Not cheap but if it's too wet,tracks work wonders.There were a few tracked 'bines working in S.MN. and E.SD. due to the wet Fall they had.

Track links:
www.griptrac.com
www.omnitrac.com
www.landluvr.com

·
Registered
349 Posts
The 8010 pictured above from Canada has grip tracs on it appears. A new set of Grip Tracs last year cost 43k from Gilbert and Riplo. A set of ATI's cost almost 80k. heres our machine last yeat with ATI's.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:Ior Miller Bros. farms?

Thats the name I was told. Breckinridge right?

Yeah Tony, my (or I should say the one I stole from MAG) picture is definately Quadtrack tracks. Was told they are too high. They had to watch out for old power lines when roading.

Never looked at an 8010 rear axle, looks like half of a Lexions, maybe its the angle of the pic.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks much nicer that way then CAT tracks. Lexions with tracks look weird. Lots of room where the tires would be.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:Looks much nicer that way then CAT tracks. Lexions with tracks look weird. Lots of room where the tires would be.

Take care,

Nathan

Might look better, that I can't argue, but for any mechanical issue, those lexion tracks make and AWESOME work bench or working platform!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Quote:[quote author=cliffcutter board=Case thread=1196564904 post=1196630607]Ior Miller Bros. farms?

Thats the name I was told. Breckinridge right?

Yaggies are from Breckenridge Mn..Miller Bros. are from Wahpeton ND.

Years ago we drove up to Farm Power Inc. in Elbow Lake Mn. to look at equip. and the owner Darrell G. told us about Millers and how they would trade in every year something like 9 or 10 CIH 9390 4wds all w/triples.They'd also trade in their fleet of 2388's every year too.A truly BIG "bread & butter" account that he was proud to have.

Miller's have a history that dates back to the big "Bonanza Farm" days when farming was done with horses in a big way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts