The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get our 08 8010 engine to warm up. The water temp gauge will never show more than one green bar on the screen. I talked to a local mechanic and he said that the engine will not preform up to its potential until it knows that its warm. I am worried I have a power loss but the power gauge will still climb to over 100%. Any ideas, I was wondering if the sending unit may be giving me a false reading or the thermostats are stuck open. I would think if the thermostats are stuck eventually it would warm but it doesn't. I even quit blowing out the radiator to see if I could get it dirty enough to build heat. That didn't work so I got nervous and cleaned it after a few days of this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't think you'll lack much on the power side, more like it won't burn the fuel as efficiant as it should. You can get the actual water temp to come up on the Pro600. It's been so long that I've been in a combine that I can't remember how to get to that screen though.
I run a 06 8010 I've been thru a few thermostats, right now the sand has made it's way into my cab temp control...no heat in the cab. For what Iveco is getting for these engines you'd think they'd be trouble free.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will definitely pull apart my thermostat housing and take a look. I can't remember actual water temperature. I am just going through my list from last years harvest and addressing issues. Overall the machine has been almost flawless. 600 separator hours now and all we have done is standard mainteneace, replace the veins and do some hard surfacing on the rethrasher and transition cone. We have been hard surfacing these rotoraries since we bought our first 1470 in 1981. When we sold that machine it had 6000 hours and the original transition cone and cage. A little work every year and they are amazing machines. Thanks for the advice guys and happy harvest to ALL!

·
Registered
809 Posts
It should warm up to operating temp just by running the engine.
Talk to your dealer service man before you pull the thermostat apart. CIH might have one of those fix it programs going on that they don't tell anyone about.

·
Registered
809 Posts
To derate wouldn't you get an engine code/alarm? I've never noticed a power drop or an alarm from running the engine cold. I did have a 8010 derate on me a while back, had a wire that would swing into a engine pully and short out on the sides of hills. When you go into derate it's game over.
I had a thermostat stuck open on a pickup truck one time and did get the check engine light

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
case knows about this issue, servive manager needs to go into assist and keep bugging case, this has been posted before, about flushing system, good luck email in profile, ccombine will derate if not up to temp, scott.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey i will just keep bothering my service guy. The machine is still under warranty so they should have to address the problem if you ask me. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
case has had issues, dealer needs to go into assist and escalate issue, have a contact, is dealer working with ya, scott.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are flushing the system and getting a thermostat on warranty. I hope this solves the problem. I have great luck with our dealer.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
8010when, flushing system, was posted quite awhile ago using water pump and trailer to flush system, just as well replace heater core, sh't will migrate, gonna chase your tail, git on service managers a's, case knows about this, have had several machines, flush, flush, flush, same sh't, my thoughts are remove radiator, have it cleaned, yes pushing alot of water through block, heater valve throw away along with heater core, bit'h, gonna be a pain in the a's, scott.

·
Registered
809 Posts
At least 2 thermostats on my machine. Is that's what's wrong with my 8010 now? The heater core is full of crap- no heat in the cab.
Does Iveco put this engine in anything else? Trucks? I can't imagine truckers putting up with this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya I pulled the thermostat today and it is FULL of sand. Never going to use the heater when we harvest so I think I will just close the valves. I am not excited to do this should be a LOT of fun. Thank you so much for the help scott. Your an asset to all of us red owners!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'd have them put a new heater core in it and then close the valves. If you trade the combine the next guy might like some heat in the cab someday.
Was told the Iveco motor in these machines list for $40,000. You'd think for that much $ they could figure out how to get the sand out of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts