The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a contractor here atm with an 8010 that has only done around 600 engine hours. It seems to have a lack of power according to the owner. They had the dealer out today trying to find a problem. They ran tests..... and tests .... and more tests. I wasn't present when they were doing the testing but the owner said they recommeneded changing the turbo as it had too much end float and there had been small amounts of oil coming past the sealing rings. I personally think it wouldn't effect it;s performance on those grounds. ( no turbo available in Australia would you believe!!!)
The boost is down around 38psi so the owner said.... should be about 42psi. Fuel presure is good. All new filters have been fitted and air cleaners checked.The dealer plugged their computer into it and couldn't find anything wrong other than maybe low boost pressure.
The engine just seems to be slow in getting to full power.. hot cold it doesn't matter.

Is there someone out there who might have some clues or had the same problem?

Cheers qlder

·
Registered
55 Posts
I may be completely thinking the wrong way, but what power curve are you running on that 8010? There is "Power Rise", and the "Power boost" modes. I would assume they checked this...?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hi qlder,
This may be something totally different but on our new 8010 we were having power problems, just sort of doggin it and then it would be Ok. Seemed like it was slow to rebound from a big engine load and didn't seem to matter hot or cold. Checked engine stats with laptop, changed fuel filters etc and nothing. Finally we pulled the fuel line off right at the bottom of the tank and hardly any fuel would run out, it was nearly plugged with palstic filings from the tank. Nothing on the monitor or anything would say low fuel pressure etc when this would happen. Pull off the line and you will know in 2 seconds because if it is not plugged it pours out and if it was like ours it dribbles out. Good luck.
Curt

·
Registered
102 Posts
We had the exact same thing happen to our 05 8010 cnotill, we had to pull the entire tank out of the combine to get all the dam plastic pieces out

·
Registered
620 Posts
Same thing with an 2005 8010. Had to flush the entire tank and no problem since. We just pumped fuel in with a 1/2"pipe connected to end of hose and aimed in all the corners of tank with bottom fitting removed. Had a screened funnel at tank outlet and caught all the plastic filings hose on bottom of funnel looped fuel back to drum which pump was hooked to. Saved major amount of time as we did not have to remove the tank. put block of wood under LH tires to tip machine to the right so fuel would flow god to outlet. Took 30 minutes tops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts