The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 08 8010 and finally got started havesting mid last week. Noticed that it took a lot longer to get it up to operaing temp than our 07 did las year. A day or so later it wont hold any heat in the engine. It takes for ever to warm it up and never gets to where it should be during full load. Idle it back and you lose 30 degrees right away. Dealer was out and put in new thermostat, thought it worked in the yard but got to the field and same way. They are going to put another thermostat in and a new housing but they have never seen this before. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happening?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bigdumbmech where are you located? My dealer was out again yesterday and tried the second thermostat and same crap. Came out today with a new housing and thermostat, put it in and worked great. Found some small sand particles in the old one and we were hoping that it was just in the housing. The new housing and thermostat worked for 4 hours and right back to the same sh!t. Looks like there is casting sand left in the block and it works into the housing and the thermostat wont work properly. Something to check. We are going to have to flush the entire system out and see if we can get rid of the sand. I will keep you posted or shoot me and email with anything you find out. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts