The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently running a 9600 and 9610 and looking at upgrading to one class8 combine. We are looking at an 08 8010 and 9870. Anyone out there run both of these machines have any advice. We grow wheat , soybeans, canola , edible beans and corn. I've done a fair bit of research and each of these machines seem to have good points.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: 8010 or 9870
« Reply #1 Today at 2:58pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not sure what area you are in but have an 8010 and father in law has 9870 neither are really satisified with machines both have down sides. On order for this season on my farm is a lexion dealer support here is great and feild comparisons against both could not smell where the cat pissed. i think with both deere and case they are over rated trying to do too much with such short rotors its all about the theshing and seperation before the can call it a class 8 machine. on top of that the lexion is much more efficient on fuel and grain loss if you havent looked at one yet you might want to look into it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
have 9770 & 8010 same average capacity 8010 has more in dry conditions 9770 has more capacity in tough conditions. biggest difference is 8010 uses more fuel doing same amount of acres. have had a few more little issues with 8010 all either computer or electrical issues. both are excellent machines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts