The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put my 05 8010 engine in power rise mode (50hp boost full time).I go to toolbox push engine but just an hourglass appears. this has a pro 600 monitor with 2010 updates or so i was told.could this be a software problem or can this not be done on this machine. engine tag says 419 rated hp so 50 more would be 469 or am i wrong

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not sure I can help. But what version of software is in your pro600 now? I run an 07 model now but did run a 05 at one time. I ran the machine at the higher power when I harvested soybeans and from what I remember they had to hook a laptop up to it and go in and change the power settings. I'm not sure who they even got the computer program from to do the changing, don't get me wrong though, they didn't chip the engine, they just gave it the extra power all the time. Also from what I remember, when you hit a tough spot you had to be quick pulling back the handle or it was game over real fast.
On a side note, I never have understood the logic behind power boost and power rise?

·
Registered
656 Posts
we had our dealer change ours and he used his laptop not sure as midwest stated about different versions but on ours he needed a laptop to change it your dealer should beable to tell you what needs to be done

·
Registered
620 Posts
2005 and prior combines were not operator selectable from the touch screen. Different engine ECU than the later units. When you have a 2005 or earlier 8010 with the new software it will not be able to change the engine ecu settings, hence the hour glass. The EST laptop software is a patch to update 2005 and prior units directly to the engine ECU.
2005 were rated at 400 hp with a boost. Due to the limitations of the fuel system components they are not the same as a 2006 and later model.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will talk to the dealer about it and see if he can turn it up. they told me i cant put the spring tighteners on the feeder unless i change the drum. not sure why. also my fuel lines are all cracked and have to check for frame cracking as an earlier post talked about it. not bad for a machine that just had a red seal done before i bought it. have to check over myself i guess. do all 05 models say 419 hp on the engine tag?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts