The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 8010. Running in 26-28% corn in wet but not muddy conditions and combine does not want to run 4mph and when uloading on the go it falls on its face!!!Now I will say that this particular # of corn is picking awfully dirty as there is a lot of trash going through the machine. Yield was 190-240 wet bu. I was running 100% power at 4mph and 43 boost. when i unload it goes to 120% power and up to 48 boost , this is at 3-3.5 mph. I changed from boost to power rise and can't say that I noticed any diff. at all. In fact it feels like I HAVE NO BOOST!!!I have changed fuel filters and nothing changed. I have changed rotor and coc but generally run 360 and 6-7 on clearance. Is something wrong or are the conditions creating my problems?
I have never had to go this slow before with this mach. But what puzzles mre is that I have all kinds of boost!! Any ideas guys??
I am running round bars this yr but that won't pull harder will it???

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have had a lot of problems with power on our 8010 this year! Turned out to be the lift pump again ( replaced it three times in the last year-dealer said that they have had a lot of problems with new pumps, 80 percent failure in first month!) Changed it again, and have a whole new commbine! Maybe check how much fuel you get at the secondary fuel filter. Crack the bleeder srew-should squirt out across the top deck! Also, check your turbo control rod. Ours was sticking at the pivot point enough so that the turbo would not boost up quick enough. Good luck!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Try another variety, I had a Pioneer number last year, I thought for sure that something was wrong with motor, just picked tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts