The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom boys showed up with their 9760 36ft jd draper and they are staying right with me and I can't gain a step on them. When I try to go faster the combine won't take it. Must not be having full power. Any ideas??? The 8010 should at least be catching them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Something isn't right for sure.. Yesterday I watched the 7010 with a 36 ft draper eat up a 9760 with a 635.. It wasn't even close!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
8010 here in SW Louisiana with 36ft draper in rice in mud doing a good job brought in a 7010 with 30ft draper not enough horses Case sent a soupedup fuel controller still not enough horses need more engine!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are my settings on the 8010. Rotor 1050 Concave 6 to 7 fan 1050 to 1100 top sieve 18 bottom 14 pre sieve notch 2 It would be nice to speed the feeder up past 570 but can't do it. I guess even if I could it still wouldn't have enough power to handle more material.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Really well...

our 1020's were pretty shot and we didn't really like the look of the new holland 2020 heads case is makeing...

Plus we had a good year in the past and had some money to put towards it.. both 2388's run on a 36ft head.

Its different to hook up and get the locks set and im sure it will take a day to remember how its best to lock and unlock some of that.

Once we got a system and each person had an individual job then it went just as fast as hooking up a 1020 head for the most part.

i do have to replace a few guides to the fingers on the Reel tine sepereator but im pretty sure that was caused by a rock

The rest seem to be holding up.

I did learn to go ahead and undo and unfold both belts before you wash the head's lol...

It just makes things alot easier to clean and this was you don't do it later and take up 4 days washing them

ops...but hey its worth it.. you get alot of junk out of them and u get everything greased

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
LOL...What the heck then....call up case and tell them to put 600hp in the 8010 and maybe some people would be happy

haha

could HP not be the issue??? just curious

Doesn't your machine have 450 ish now?

·
Registered
588 Posts
From what I have seen and experienced, corn is where the 8010 eats the 9760's lunch. In wheat where the rotor loss can become an issue, more horsepower does not = more capacity...at least that what everybody says about the 9860!
Corn these machines are not close, wheat it is pretty even.
My 9760can deliver a very clean sample to the elevator at a rate of 40- 45 ton/hour all day with very acceptable losses. How does this compare with an 8010. This is in 100bu/acre wheat, grain buggy assisted and putting just short of 2 ton/acre of straw through.
Corn I can only deliver 65-70 ton/hr in 22-24% corn, certainly shy of what a 8010 can do I am sure. Although at these rates we struggle to keep the corn moving anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:Let us know if you get it figured out and what was set wrong..

Good luck

Doubt he has anything set wrong. As it has been mentioned, in small grain there isn't much difference between the two combines. Unless you just want to puke it out the a** end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:From what I have seen and experienced, corn is where the 8010 eats the 9760's lunch. In wheat where the rotor loss can become an issue, more horsepower does not = more capacity...at least that what everybody says about the 9860!
Corn these machines are not close, wheat it is pretty even.
My 9760can deliver a very clean sample to the elevator at a rate of 40 mT/hour (88 000lbs) with very acceptable losses, how does this compare with an 8010.
Corn I can deliver only 60-70mT/hr in 22-24% corn.

In wheat, what are you running for settings on your 9760?? Also, what kind of wheat were you refering too? Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh and BTW, in wheat the stepped design of the Deere rotor cage uses less power than the IH giving the Deere a bit of an efficiency edge in this particular crop as there is less parasitic loss.

My settings in wheat are the following:
fan - 920
rotor - 820
bottom sieve - 5
top sieve - 16
concave - 2
I am using the round bar concaves with 2 inserts in the front.
The wheat is Pioneer R47 SRW that is fairly easy threashing stuff

I combined 225 acres of my own wheat this year (normally 750-800 between myself and a partner) that averaged just shy of 100 bu/acre and used 240 gallon of fuel (915 L) and put on 17 separator hours. I did the harvest on one tank, I was quite pleased with the fuel usage. I think the round bar concaves use less power, but have no side by side to be sure.
So doing some math, that was 14 gallon/separator hour, but more importantly for every gallon I burned we harvested 90 bushels of wheat.
I am never concerned too much about fuel/hour but more interested in WHAT we accomplish in that hour.

Does anybody else have some numbers for comparison?
I forgot to add that I have a 630 hydraflex, not a draper. Power was never an issue, limiting factor was rotor loss.

Does a draper help with rotor loss as the wheat feeds in nicer and perhaps threashes easier?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kinzepower... Just curious what kind of doc.. where you getting at the elevator this year? With the drought like condiontions here for us the wheat only ran just shy of 80bpa avg. But in regards to the 8010 and what it can do an hour in high yielding wheat.. Taking all the straw ie about 3-4 inches of stubble left and running a 30ft auger head I've been able to do just over 50 ton an hour in wheat.. Oh and doc.. all the soft wheat was 0.1% and the hard red 0.3%. As well the fuel consumption was around 1.2 -1.25 gal/ acre

·
Registered
588 Posts
My doc was .3 - .4% which was the lowest of any combine coming in to that particular elevator. Every grader grades a little different, .1% is certainly low. I have been to do 50 ton/hour too, but for an all day average I cannot maintain that with headlands and such.
Afxit, is that imperial gallon? So 5.5 L/acre?
How fast are you travelling in 80 bu wheat?

·
Registered
620 Posts
bobeagle, from my experience with the 8010, 1050 rpm on the rotor seems high and 6-7 on the concave is too open. This will eat up horsepower fast with these two settings. I would recommend trying 800-850 rpm and a concave closer to 2-2.5 and see how it goes then.
I would blow grain out with a fan setting any higher than 900 rpm in wheat so you may want to check the ground behind you with the fan spinning like that.
What year is your 8010?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts