The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our new 8010 about a week ago,what a fine combine. It has ran through 800ac. of wheat without a problem. Tested a 9770 in the same field with it today,both 35ft. heads. 75 bus. wheat 9770 4-4.5 mph. 8010 5-6mph. Both nice machines ! 8010 is more combine which it should be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Isn't the 9770 a size smaller than the 8010 ? Just wondering if you are comparing apples to oranges. Both are twice the capacity of my red ride
jeff

·
Registered
894 Posts
redandgreen,

By any chance, did you happen to drop both choppers during your STS demo and count the amount of grain loss out the back of each combine?

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is CaseIH,Lexion,Gleaner,NewHolland and John Deere combines around us last fall and they all threw grain over and the STS was not the worst.

F

·
0 Posts
They will all throw it and they will all save it it just depends on how you set it. In my experience some are just easier to set than others.

·
Registered
894 Posts
They will all throw it and they will all save it it just depends on how you set it. In my experience some are just easier to set than others.

True but, some brands must run less productively in order to keep losses to an acceptable level. Not good when combines cost the way they do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts