The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all been on this site heaps is very good but never posted so here goes. have 08 8010 in w.australia has done 200sep hours worked ok till this morning but today did sweet f all . started machine and error rotor speed slow shut down separator ,on screen ,replaced sensor, no diff, un plugged all plugs etc etc all clean, tight and good to eye,dealer tech staff came pluged in laptop no diff got one fault of disconnected pto pressure sensor, cleaned etc no diff,can not get this fault to come back but have not harvested for 13 hrs POS. also says no RPM on spreaders but are turning properly (in deslug mode) no RPM on rotor at same time,,,, heeeeelp\\\\\\\ case said this is the first one in the world to have this problem,thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
elsewhere, I had the same problem with one of our 2008 8010's earlier this year. I cleaned
the rotor speed sensor first and checked the speed sensor fuses and neither were the
problem. But when I turned on the separator again I too noticed that there was no speed
showing on the spreader speed rpm. So I decided to take off the spreader speed sensor and
switch it out with one from our other 8010 combine. For some reason this made it work as it
seems that if one speed sensor is not showing correctly it will not allow you to run the rotor.

So I would say to replace the speed sensor on the spreader and also check the speed sensor
fuse in the cab. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I would bet their is a interlock somehow, if no spreader speed is detected the rotor won't start. I do not this for sure but put it in windrow mode and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
The way the earlier 8010 worked if you turned the rotor on and didn't read speed for rotor it would kick machine out .
Then it you tried to restart the seperator switch again the spreaders would not come on by default.
If you killed the machine and started it back up and turned switch on everything would come on and run till it kicked out again.
Did you change the speed sensor on the gearbox or the rotor drive motor?

Maxie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes we got going after a fair bit of swearing and 24hrs. it turned out to be a bad earth on rear of rotor above batteries common earth for rotorspeed ,spreaders, chopper and a couple of others , we ran a earth to battery from this point. in our testing must have also blown fuse in cab corner but all is going now. thanks to all replies all helped and added to the brain box for the future cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts