The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new to us 8010. Getting ready to start harvesting milo and wondering what concaves to use and general rotor settings. Thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
what year machine, sooo many updates06 and newer made alot of changes to transion cone and cage, git a card from case if ya don't have one for settings, will give you a place to start, card isn't always correct, but pretty close, got questions email in profile, send me your # if you wish, hard to see combine when your not there, give me a call won't steer ya wrong, been around these girls, scott.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an 03 with every update that CNH called for. I was looking through the manual and found the settings page and will start there. We have been green for quite a few years and this is our first experience with a rotary, so it is all new to us. Thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
smaller sieves will help 1/8, change pre sieve first, thats the cheapest, are sieves measuring the same on adjustment indicator, both top and bottom, gotta remember sure its handy to adjust sieves from cab, hmmm, they git full of sh't, bends the heck out of them, i would start first off, open sieves wide open all of them, clean crap out, open sieves wide open, then close to 1/4" with rear switches, go in to pro 600 monitor and calibrate, scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still having problems setting machine in milo. We are overloading the pre cleaner and grain is falling to the ground. It has the 1 5/16 sieves and precleaner in it. with the pre cleaner closed there are still holes that grain is falling through. We are running large wire concaves in front with skip wires in back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After some help from our local dealer we are gonna replace both sieves and pre-cleaner. Probably gonna use our old combine to cut what milo we have left and use the 8010 for the rest of our corn and soybeans and replace sieves this winter. We raise wheat,corn,soybeans,milo,and occasionally some sunflowers. Are the OEM seives our best choice or are there aftermarket components that would be better. Thanks for your help and advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts