The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got 07 8010 and was lokking it over on a rainy day. Nice machines,anyway how do you turn on the side lights by themselves . We used to be able to do this with the 2388 but as I browse the ops man it looks to me like they only come on when the header is lifted, the cab door is opened or you turn the turn signal on like the 88 but the d**n turn signal stays on with the side lights. I have to be missing something here. I figured this would get me the quickest answer!!!

Ryan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So why night leave them on all the time? Oh well i guess I'll take your word for it that there is plenty of lighting with out them.

thanks for the quick replies

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those side lights are controlled by one of the computers. The computer will turn the lights on for exiting, when the head is above the max working height, or when the turn signal is on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same thought as you Ryan. After combining with a 36' header the last four years, I consider it a must. In the wet years with my 04-8010 I would run with my signal light on, just so I could see if I was getting close to water at the end of the header. When I got my 06-8010 I was not able to order a side light that would stay on.(I guess CNH does not realize that we actually combine in the dark with wide headers) With the help of my dealer we installed a similar light beside the one thats already there. It is on a separate switch. When you are cutting wheat with this light it allows you to see your cutting height from the ground up at the end and behind the header. The way it was before you could only dimly see the top of the stubble only. Makes operating a lot more relaxing and you are in more control of what going on. Its hard to believe that CNH cannot configure this existing light to work when you are combining. IT'S ALREADY THERE!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is nice to here . Will be looking forward to the update. Will we see this over the summer? Like I've said before it is not a major thing but I think sometimes they try to make things so complicated.

I know this has nothing to do with combines but has anyone heard that there may be a disc chisel of sorts coming from case? Boy I hope so as most in our area have gone back to chisels over rippers in our area and I'm looking to trade for a newer one and would like ared one!

Thanks again, Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts