The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rented an 8010 last year and they suggested having three sets of sieves ( wheat, soybeans, corn). I know they're easy to put in, but we are buying an 8010 now and wonder what anyone else has done before we go and buy several sets of chaffers(top sieves is what I'm talking about. Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
8010's I have ran 1-5/8" top chaffer and pre cleaner with 1-1/8 in the bottom for all crops wheat, soybeans and corn.
Can't use the book to set sieves is all. Lower 1-1/8 has to be run 90-100% open for corn but is the answer for wheat and soybeans. Never switch out the chaffer or sieve all season long.

·
Registered
809 Posts
We intended to switch sieves and ordered a bean sieve ( i think it was a bottom sieve) when we purchased our first 8010, it was back-ordered and never showed up for harvest. I didn't miss it at all had a great sample of soybeans with the sieves the machine came with. I don't know anything about a sieve for wheat.
By the way have you filled the cleaning fan up yet by messing with the sieves?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rcleaning fane: 8010 sieves

as a matter of fact Midwest I have plugged up the cleaning fan while playing with the sieves whats up with that.

andy

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's been talked about on here before.
Kind of ugly looking in the grain tank, isn't it? My problem.......I was bored and started pushing buttons.......I was closing the bottom sieve too much trying to improve the sample. I did make it thru last years harvest without plugging it once though. I've heard that if you mess with the pre-sieve that can do it to, I'm not sure if it was having it open too much or not enough though.
I think that CIH puts a hinged cover under the fan now to make for easy cleaning.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If the pre sieve is too far open it can plug the fan. Good rule of thumb is to leave adjustment at 3 notches from the top for all crops except small grain then go to 2 it seems that helps a lot on plugging that stupid fan

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Denmark we do have the problem by plugging up the cleaning fan on 80/9010 and 20-series. Sometimes it almost can't stop again and when you have done this enough times the cleaning fan alloy blades gets too small and it can not give enough wind anymore and you have to change the fan complete. Does anyone have ideas?
Last year i guess i saw some pictures in this forum about a kit to add on the fan or sieves for a yellow combine or also a red combine (pictures was yellow) Was this kit to prevent grain in the cleaning fan housing from the sieves? Does someone remember this kit?

Thanks Carsten
Axial-Flow.dk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts