The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine load is less than 70%. this is an 06' model with small wire concaves in front and skip wire in the rear. sieve setting are 16 on top and 14 on bottom. we are running a 36" draper. combine is awesome in corn just need help in wheat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
? newer had any rotor losses in wheat or treticale??? Most problems I had in high yield with sieves newer with rotor. Unless bed setting. Doe you use vanes adjustments. in small grain I sett first 2 or 4 vanes in slow down position (depends on how hard to thresh) rest of vanes in faster position. What kind of rasp bars doe you use?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ran an 8010 in wheat . Had small wires in front and large wires in the back NOT skip wires. The concaves make alot of difference in threshing. Do you have any straight bars on the back of the rotor? Was in the same field as a 9750 and a 9860 and was cutting wider and faster and delivering a seed quality sample.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's unfortunate you can't give us more information. It is most likely in the settings. I have a 06-8010 and have combined beside a 9660-STS. I usually run at 95-100% power in hard red spring wheat. Narrow concaves in the front and either slotted or wides in the back. I have experimented with both and prefer to use the slotted. But really not a big difference. I do know that the skip wire puts a lot of broken up straw onto the sieves, especially when it is dry. This leads to overloading the sieves with a lot of unnecessary junk. Capacity wise we happen to be picking up 30' swaths that day of 50 plus bu. wheat with a lot of straw. It was a little tough that day. Wheat tested about 18%. The 9660 was averaging 3-3.2 and the 8010 was 6-6.5 mph on the flat stretches. Now I know these are not the same class of machines so I don't expect them to be that close in capacity. What I did notice was that there was a big difference in the sample. There was a lot more whitecaps in the 9760. He was using cover plates on the front 2 concaves to try and remedy the problem. One must always keep in mind that you can have 2 different operators in a different field and come up with a totally different set of results.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts