The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
our 8010 (06 model) has started to only spread the straw in the right side when chopping straw. Currently we are harvesting rye and when it is only spreading to one side, I have problems with materiale getting in to the header havesting the field from the same side.

Looking into the machine, I cannot see why the straw is only getting out in one side. All knifes are on the chopper. It seems that the material flow is already wrong from the rotor delivery into the system Any good ideas ?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Seems to me CIH came out with a deflector kit.

In fact if you Google search " deflector kit for 8010 combine" it will direct you an old post from sept of 2009 on here.

I do know that changing your rotor speed can move the exit point from the rotor and change your spreader pattern.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes there is a kit that pushes straw farther to the left. I got one from a salvage yard. My 06 was a pain to put in cuz you have to cut hole in side of machine, but it can be done. My 08 had the hole already there with a plate over hole.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
No, that iron in your picture is something different. What we are talking about goes between the chopper and the end of the rotor. It has a handle and quick release pin that exits the right side of the combine above the tailings processor. On older machines there is no hole and it has to be cut out to Install. On newer machines 2008 and newer, there is a hole with a plate covering the hole. Yours being an 06, would have to be plasma cut out to install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.