The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the hard thresh tailings kit? It looks to me like the only difference is the door. I understand they made some changes to the processor in 08 anyone know whats different?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Haven't used it yet, but it also includes a cover that goes under the tailings auger that has expanded metal welded to it. Part # for the tailings processor door is 87283551; Part # for the tailings auger cover is 87283418. The kit part # is 84083561 which obviously includes both. Have been told that it helps thresh out whitecaps in wheat and unthreshed flax bolls. Seems to be very similiar to the rethresher found in older massey combines.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess if no one else is going to chime in I might as well. Don't even have my 8010 delivered yet but I had salesman print off a 2008 model change sheet for 7010-8010.
The changes to the tailing processor included:
1. new more robust tailings sensor, and software change to provide more accurate readings.
2. new tailings belt idler, support structure and double bearings to improve structue strength and reliability.
3. new tailings auger, bearing and bearing support assembly. auger shaft diameter has been increased, and an improved machined fit between auger shaft and tailings impeller for longer service life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts