The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just came in from combining and thought I would ask the wise about a couple of problems I am having. Combining canola today and managed to fill my hopper a couple of times with chaff. Was not really changing anything just hit a wad the second time and I guess I overloaded the seive or something and did not notice. The monitor was showing normal loss, rethresh, fan speed but crap in the hopper. I am running 700 fan 600 rotor 13 top 7 bottom pre clean shut 4-6 on the concaves.
My dealer told me just to shut the pre clean and leave it there, is this correct?
Last thing is my speed readout is jumping all over the place from 3mph to 5mph etc, is this read off a wheel or gps because I do have yield mapping.
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
try this, concave 2 fine 2 large wire rotor spd 700 fan 650
top sieve12- 14 bottom 8- 10 presieve 1 concave 5.5- 6
and just fill it up.

·
Registered
809 Posts
First off I know nothing about harvesting canola.

That said, the only time I've filled my hopper up with chaff/trash is when I've filled up the cleaning fan with corn or soybeans. The reason I filled up my fan is that I closed up my sieves too much. I also believe this has been discussed on here before. I also think that at a combine school the rep. said to NEVER close the presieve but maybe this was only for corn/soybeans.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know nothing about canola, or much else for that matter, but make sure your machine belt is tight, as that can lead to nasty samples sometimes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did canola this year with my 8010 . You have to keep the pre - cleaner open a hair. The settings I ran for the my sieves were 8 on the top sieve but that is was an 1 5/8 corn/bean sieve and the bottom sieve at 6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts