The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 07 8010 with a 3 ft extension. Bought a 40 ft draper for it and that auger isn't long enough. Dealer came out and helped install another 52 inch entension. Kind of got me worried when the mechanic that we were just swapping the 3ft for the 52 inch. I said I wanted both. Man it looks long I hope it doesn't break in two when its loaded with grain. Anybody run this setup?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seems like alot of extension hanging out there, we have 08 8010, 40' draper & 3' extension is heaps, reaches beyond the end of the draper. What are you unloading into? Not sure if I would unload on the run with that length, other guys may have tried it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just go with the 52" extension and get the 09-10 model end boot for the auger with the new style grain door that is hinged from the bottom not the top. You will like it and have no problems, should endup being long enough to dump with the 40ft.
If you us both the 36" and the 52" you could fail the elbow or its pivot base and the '07 swing cylinder will not be able to swing auger in all the way especially if there is any grain left in the auger. The length is too long, really have to watch when opening up headlands and driving in/out of shed. Saw a guy drive his out the shed and turned before the auger cleared. The auger tore the door, door frame and the end wall of the building out and just scratched the auger tube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you got to figure the only thing holding the auger to the combine is the hopper. the elbow will not fail its supported with enough gussets but the hopper will fail. got with a 52" and get a Stewart Steel for the end of the auger. New grainsaver and spout. The Stewart steel will add about 16 inches to auger and down spout will angle it out about 24 inches. will get you to unload into a graincart with duals with a 45 foot head so a 40 will be no problem.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
yes, get newest spout from case if they can ever make there mind up, one thing i have found door had no tension on it, spring loaded yes, tightened spring another turn on both sides made alot of difference, scott.

·
Registered
79 Posts
6 foot extension

i have seen on many vidioes especally in austraia that their combines have a 6 foot extension on the front not the 4 the 4 just isnt quite long enough to be comfortable. i would really like to find out how to get one of those extensions. any help would be great

thanks pjhfarms

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
case on older models i think was 18 ft, thus the 3ft extension, then extended boot, there been so many changes, we used stewart steel extender because case's where backordered, scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts