The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the custom boys were here with their 9760 and 400 bushel hopper, it would unload all 400 bushels in the same amount of time as my 330 or 350.( however big you want to call it) Is there bigger sprockets we can put on to make it unload faster. Does the 07 unload faster than the previous years. The specs for previous years I thought were 3 bushels a second and now I see 3.2 bushels a second.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the custom guy have a after market extension on the 9760 since the std hopper ext is rated at 300bu? Your 8010 has been reclassified as a 350 bu hopper with the std 27" ext and 3.2 bu/sec unload rate per ISO5687 rating second edition. I personally witnessed a 8010 last year unloading against a 9860, both heaped up as you will see in the pics, wheat about 15% moisture, the JD beat the 8010 by about 5 seconds but the 8010 should have had at least 50 more bushels on it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the 9760 had a Maurer bin extension that went out and then up at the ends probably 6". The JD auger looked like it was a little bigger tube. I never put a tape to it though. When you mean reclassified that means nothing changed in actual size or capacity, just the engineers calculations? When I did the unloading test against the JD we were both heaped and had spilt on the cabs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah nothing changed in the hopper size and the unloading rate, just an industry standardized way used to measure these specs was used now. CaseIH was a little conservative in giving the specs prior to this year. The head on the 8010 in the pics is a 36' 974 just like yours. I haven't been in the field with a FD70 yet but some of the main features I have heard or seen is larger gauge/transport wheels, easier to set the smile and frown for flex mode and improved reel geometry for improved feeding.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We run a 9860 and an 8010 together in corn, 12% moisture, we weighed a full bin on 8010 on a trade certified scale it said 374 bushels it took 100 seconds to get main flow unloaded. corn is weighing 60-62 0n bushel weight. 9860 had 399.6 bushels in it but it has a mauerer extension. I couldnt beleive case had that much in it maybe it was test weight corn is real clean. I have not checked time on 9860.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Jab1 if I read you correct the sample from the 8010 is better than the 9860? I would be interested to know what the time is on the 9860 if you find out sometime for a comparison.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah that is real interesting Jab1. Maybe I had more bushels than I thought in the combine and then JD and Case are pretty close in unloading time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will check time on deere soon as this little tropical storm leaves, The deere sample is not very much different and it may just be myself not knowing how to set it yet, first deere since 95 i learned on. I didnt like the pre seive you can,t adjust on 9860 you can adjust all seives on 8010. this could be where we are getting that little bit of extra cob. capacity and fuel consumption seem to be pretty close. cab is a little nicer on 8010, deere corn head seems to do a better job, both are cracking a little corn could be my settings will keep trying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
9860 unload rate was 83 seconds on 400 bushel bin, corn is testing 12% moisture now, 8010 has been broke so much we have not rechecked it yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The auger/tube on a 9860 is a lot larger than an 8010, so the 8010 has to be running faster to achieve the same unloading rate. I would think that would cause more wear.

Brandon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jab1 9860 unloads at 4.8 bushels a second and the 8010 at 3.74 b/s. The 8010 isn't even close to the same time as the JD. Case better pull their heads out of their a** and get with the program and put a larger unloading tube on there. I don't care if their engineers can find different ways of measuring things and coming up with new specs or capacities. What matters is how fast it really does unload. The bigger combine should unload faster period!

·
Registered
188 Posts
these rates are faster than there advertised but i have timed them both several times no bs. our corn is real dry and both are open on auger cover all the way. you can really tell difference when we unload on the go the deere just pours out, corn is real clean also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts