The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
working with case, seems we have issues with controlling turbo, hope to have answers tomorrow, case is working with me, also have other questions on sensors controlling power of engine to get to bottom of problems, scott.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They got mine in the shop today and started putting injectors in it. Suppose to be out tomorrow. I am done with my harvest, might go help a neighbor cut the last of his beans to see if it helped. Don't think they are putting a cam in mine, said it didn't need a cam?? Sure hope they are right, they should know more about it than I!!! Will report back if we get a chance to go back to the field before wheat harvest!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My mechanic created a way to mount a sensor to give a higher boost rating and it would not increase hp. But if you went lower than normal it would lose power. My mechanic says what he looked up you need cam with injectors. Scott, what you are saying seems kind of like what are machine is doing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The cam is only needed depending on machine year, engine serial number, and injector part number. Most 8010s will not need a cam.

·
Registered
809 Posts
From what I remember during harvest my 07 8010 boost would run up to around 48 to 49 when pushing the machine real hard. I know that the model years are different and maybe they measure the boost different for the model years. And I don't know how much air temperature would affect the boost.

I was around some 06 model 8010's and I remember the engine sounded like it would "miss" every now and then when it was at idle.

I hope they figure out your problem. Where is the engine manufacturer during all of this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Different engine but neverless on 500isx couple weeks ago it started smoking black very badley an code said ecu was problem. Mechanic replaced ecu an no more smoke however it also does not have power it did. Dont seem to get enough fuel as it is impossible to get exhavst temp over 650 on turbo outlet. Boost would go to about 32psi before ecu was replaced -now will rarely ever go there. Seems like weather condition has something to do with boost as on some days will not go over 25psi.Not sure what ecu does but seems that was reason for power loss on engine even though it is a new one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
afxguy, case assist says the old update requiring new cams has been updated and new cam is not needed for every 8010 anymore . What is going wrong with injectors. and I wonder if it is still programming as I had power with udt before pro600. My boost could go to 43.5 but fall flat on her a-- when dumping on the go. Would like to here from ksforeman on what he was told happens to injectors and cam by case support.

·
Registered
83 Posts
tone wheel on end of cam shaft was loose

My 06' 8010 would start up without the engine turning over a complete revolution. But one day a big red stop sign showed up on the Pro 600. Shut er down. Well I did and had a terrible time to get it started again. One Titian mechanic spent an entire day searching for the problem and gave up. Cost me a grand there. I got it running and drove it to another IH shop where they did a little research and discovered that the tone wheel, a plastic wheel on the end of the cam shaft had loosened up so the computer didn't read the correct location of the cam shaft. Tightened a bolt and off I went.;) I will not tell you what that cost me...

·
Registered
463 Posts
My 06' 8010 would start up without the engine turning over a complete revolution. But one day a big red stop sign showed up on the Pro 600. Shut er down. Well I did and had a terrible time to get it started again. One Titian mechanic spent an entire day searching for the problem and gave up. Cost me a grand there. I got it running and drove it to another IH shop where they did a little research and discovered that the tone wheel, a plastic wheel on the end of the cam shaft had loosened up so the computer didn't read the correct location of the cam shaft. Tightened a bolt and off I went.;) I will not tell you what that cost me...
Just an FYI.
If you would have slowed down and wrote the code down (ex. E-1648) before shutting it off you could have saved yourself a lot of grief.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts