The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 8010. What updates and other machine components should I look for? I have been reading and some of you have different concave setups. What would be best for corn and beans? I currently run a 2188 so I know I need some coaching. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
if it still has the old style cone (welded vanes) and cage (vanes on the right side) forget about it. see if it was certified. as far as I'm concerned thats a must FT

·
Registered
4 Posts
we traded a 04 8010 with 1300 hrs on it this fall that had all the updates as well as new rotar cage and transition cone at the beginning of harvest. we also put in a new grain tank bottum, unload auger tube, and all the auger flighting in it, so these are all things i would look at if buying an early 8010 as well as all the other wear areas as the early ones had some sheet metel in places they should have steel plates.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
would agree my old 8010 the dealer is putting all new unloader and sheet metla parts on it. it was extended wear when new and with over 2000 hrs on it they are leaving the original rasp bars in it .

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
2004 have alot of updates, cone and transion vanes are a needed update, if feeder house mounts haven't been updated' they were aluminum, need to change them, other than that not much has changed, scott

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
what seives does machine have1 1/8 or 1 5/8 i beleive, big seives are fine for corn or beans, you will love machine shes a big girl, also look to see if seives open and close, you can does this on left hand of rear mount behind seives, do seives work together or not look at indicator, if there off, you can adjust, bad part of machine when you adjust seives siiting in machine haven't got debris out of seives, like cobs, bent the heck out of them, feeder chains have been a issue, what shape is feeder floore in, case makes heavy floors for feeder, i'm a case tech, scott.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts