The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of for sure updates for the 06 8010's. Just had the combine inspected and the dealership doesn't know of any. I would like to know if they are updating the feeder clutch or the rotary screen.

·
Registered
561 Posts
In Western Canada the hyd oil coolers were changed to prevent plugging, friction style slip clutches for the feederhouse were installed and software to change the logic for the auto feeder cutoff. Chain guides were welded onto the front feeder drum. Also certain machines required the tailings cross auger replacement. Don't get too excited about the cooler update though I have heard there is more work being done with the rotary screen but it hasnt been sorted out completly yet. Did you have these updates in the spring?

·
Super Moderator
4,226 Posts
Quote: I have heard there is more work being done with the rotary screen but it hasnt been sorted out completly yet.
I don't know why this is such a problem for CNH, they have cooler and air filter dirt problems completely figured out on the 07 CR9070.

Don

G

·
Quote:
Quote: I have heard there is more work being done with the rotary screen but it hasnt been sorted out completly yet.
I don't know why this is such a problem for CNH, they have cooler and air filter dirt problems completely figured out on the 07 CR9070.

Don

I think its a situatuation of one arm not knowing what the otherone is doing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steigerman-
I think I have a version 12 in software and that is the only thing that the mech said is available for updating. Now there is a version 16 I guess. I don't have any guides on the feeder drum and I know my cross auger wasn't replaced. What was the issue there were having with the cross auger?

I would have to blow my radiator out one to two times a day when harvesting any crop. I checked the seal around the screen and all of those plastic snap in pieces in the screen itself and could find no gaps. I even silicon around the outer edge of it because I saw a small gap. It didn't do anything though. The mech that did the inspection said he couldn't find anything wrong either. The new 08 come with a metal screen it looks like. I would like that. I think that plastic one flex's to much.

Are they for sure going back to the friction style clutches because i would sure love that too. My would slip for no reason at times.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:steigerman-
I think I have a version 12 in software and that is the only thing that the mech said is available for updating. Now there is a version 16 I guess. I don't have any guides on the feeder drum and I know my cross auger wasn't replaced. What was the issue there were having with the cross auger?

I would have to blow my radiator out one to two times a day when harvesting any crop. I checked the seal around the screen and all of those plastic snap in pieces in the screen itself and could find no gaps. I even silicon around the outer edge of it because I saw a small gap. It didn't do anything though. The mech that did the inspection said he couldn't find anything wrong either. The new 08 come with a metal screen it looks like. I would like that. I think that plastic one flex's to much.

Are they for sure going back to the friction style clutches because i would sure love that too. My would slip for no reason at times.

380002824 Removal Tool
380002825 Clutch setting tool
87536814 Clutch Assembly Kit
87536816 Shaft Assembly Kit
Kit 87536816 Shaft Assembly is required ONLY FOR COMBINES EQUIPPED WITH A ROCK TRAP. If a combine does not have a rock trap, this part is NOT required.
***** THIS UPGRADE WILL REQUIRE NEW SOFTWARE IN CCM1:
MY06 and prior use 31.1.8 or higher
MY07 and later use 32.6.2 or higher*****
Gearbox oil change interval is still 600hr as of now.
Slip clutch break in procedure is 15-20 short bursts of 2 seconds with feeder reverser.

Version 16 display software is available. The most noticable change (for most people) is the use of scroll bars to indicate more options. There are some functional changes, and changes in terminology, but nothing really life changing in those.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jester-

The fan is sucking because I've been up there when the engine is running blowing out the rads. The CNH mech said it seems to only be a real problem on the 06' 8010. Whether that is true or not I don't know. As far as the software update for the 600 pro, I should maybe start a new thread.

afxguy-

I like the 600 pro screen to view, but as far as selecting area on/off and swath width and a few other things, when I go to push it and another box or window comes onto the screen then you push what you want, then you have to push enter or whatever. It seems like you have to push a button 2 to 3 times more than on the old monitor to get it to execute a command. Well I don't like having to keep my eyes off of what I am doing for that long or when I want it to be done I want it done right then not 3 or 4 seconds later. I think it should be a one push button.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We had problems with our 06' 8010 overheating in wheat and fall crops. We blew the radiators out twice a day no matter what. We finally bought another rotory screen, we flew 350 miles up to Lexington, Nebraska, packed it in the plane, and had it installed in no time. It helped to the point, we only had to blow the radiator out once a day. We were using a 2388 right along the 8010 and never blew it out. We put a 100 hours on the rental, never blew it out once.
When the 8010 started getting hot, you just had to keep slowing down, and finally you couldn't go 2.5 mph and stop and spend 15-20 minutes blowing out all the radiators. It was unbelievable how dirty the radiators would be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
farmboy-

That sounds almost exactly what is going on with our 06' machince. Before we traded for this 06' we had an 03' 2388 that I blew out once a year at the end of the season. The amount of chaff and dirt I blew out at the end of the season wasn't even close to what I blew out of the 8010 in half of day of combining.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steigerman_

Yes! on that once you first slip the feeder clutch it slips easier the rest of the day. You are a God send!! Are you a CNH mech?? Because everything you have just said my dealership should have known about, which really pi$$es me off! By chance do you know if they will do the feeder clutch update in the states?? As far as the rotary screen I'll do the roller thing like you said and see if it works this season. I still think they should all be metal screens! Thanks for all your information and please keep it coming!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I dont know if the friction style slip clutches were made available as a CNH paid update to the U.S. customers but you could update it on your own.

·
Registered
561 Posts
06 8010m have a tier 3 engine which builds more heat and has one extra blade on the fan. This causes the plastic screen to deform due to the added suction of the fan. Check the rollers that support your screen, in 07 they installed 5 as opposed to the 06 and prior 3. you can drill holes and add the extra two rollers. p.s the cross auger was a s/n specific update. And all western Canada got the slip clutches and guides. The 07 machines have the guides and friction clutch as origional equipment. The reason your pin syle slip clutch slips too easily is the plungers get "hydraulicly" held in the retracted position after they slip and it takes up to 45 min for them to fully extend due to the suction in their bores. Does it seem like once you slip it the first itme of the day it seems to slip easier after that?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:
afxguy-

I like the 600 pro screen to view, but as far as selecting area on/off and swath width and a few other things, when I go to push it and another box or window comes onto the screen then you push what you want, then you have to push enter or whatever. It seems like you have to push a button 2 to 3 times more than on the old monitor to get it to execute a command. Well I don't like having to keep my eyes off of what I am doing for that long or when I want it to be done I want it done right then not 3 or 4 seconds later. I think it should be a one push button.

Part of the need to press enter is because the display is Windows based. I don't know what version of windows, but I suspect an older (more stable?) version.
The other reason is that sometimes you accidently press the wrong button because the machine rocked just as you touched the screen. Having the enter button gives you a chance to correct the mistake.
I'm not familar with planter software, but I know the combine software you can set it up to change the working width automatically or manually.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where you having a lot of issues with your old clutch slipping or did they just go around and do a bunch of 8010 in your area do you know?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am by no means an expert, but when the slip clutch I have slips once and then slips easier after that, like what was stated before then I would call that a failure. A failure in design, a failure in capacity of the combine because now I can't combine as fast as what the rest of the machine can take. I think Case IH should maybe step up to the plate and at least pay for the parts to upgrade the combine! I am not the only one having this issue and I also am not the only one having the rotary air screen problem either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts