The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be sure any used 8010's you buy, has had the rotor cage changed. after 2006 is different. 07 saw a newer style feeder drum and chain. I've never seen any heating problems. I wrote the book on 8010 problems they are bullet proof NOW. any 05's or 06's beware look for the certification sticker

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi there,
lot of people on here are just looking at capacity of a combine. What about losses, versatility, durability. We want to sell our 9650 walkers and are considering 8010's. We have an offer on a 04 and 06 model. Both are updated according to the dealer including colour display. Heard a lot of bad things about the 8010 but is that still true?
We also run a 940 and 970 and are quite happy with them except for the trade in value. How does the 8010 compare to the 2588? Had a sts demo and didn't like it. Too small sieves. Never ran 580 but sieves are small too. The crops we want to combine are canola barley wheat lentils peas and dry beans. What about straw chopper quality on the 8010?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quote:be sure any used 8010's you buy, has had the rotor cage changed. after 2006 is different. 07 saw a newer style feeder drum and chain. I've never seen any heating problems. I wrote the book on 8010 problems they are bullet proof NOW. any 05's or 06's beware look for the certification sticker Is the 04 model upgradable to the 07? Dealer told me it would have all the necessary changes. The frame and feeder house dimensions are still the same right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dont be scared of older 8010s as long as the updates have been done I currently run a 04 and 06 couldnt be happier the day will come and it is not to far off the NHollands will only be made over seas.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:
Quote:be sure any used 8010's you buy, has had the rotor cage changed. after 2006 is different. 07 saw a newer style feeder drum and chain. I've never seen any heating problems. I wrote the book on 8010 problems they are bullet proof NOW. any 05's or 06's beware look for the certification sticker Is the 04 model upgradable to the 07? Dealer told me it would have all the necessary changes. The frame and feeder house dimensions are still the same right?

The feederhouse is not upgradable without a lot of work. There is no kit for it, so your dealer would have to piece together from the parts system what would be needed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had 2 8010's 2003 and 2005 neither was any good, the texas company rep was worse than there machine he could care less. The steiger is still a good tractor they have not ruined it yet, 2388 is good also. I have a friend in midwest he has a 2006 and 2007 8010 said he still has major issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It sounds to me as though the 7010 and 8010 have most of the bugs worked out now. The only hesitation would be the parts availability in the area, which really depends on the dealer. I can only think of 1 or 2 8010's that have been sold by my hometown dealer in Assiniboia. I find it hard to believe that they would have a very complete selection of parts in stock. So instead of just going into town, getting parts and going back at it within the hour... you end up calling around and driving around the province and losing a day. Even something as simple as replacing a bolt requires finding metric bolts that you can't just pick up at Peavey Mart... although if you have NH you have already been through that. However, if your live next to a Hutterite colony that just bought 10 new 8010 then there is probably no issue for parts at all. Some of the parts you can get at the NH dealer too.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
If you're from assiniboia and considering, Go NH. Robertson's is quite a dealer. We have found if you want to order parts, go to Medicine Hat or Maple Creek, if you want to pick up parts, go to Swift. Had a bubble up auger go on a TR98 and Robertson's shipped it from their moose jaw store to Swift and it was there before we were.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Dont forget the magnums and there sprayers.

Especially there sprayers....u might not see alot of them but they are awesome!!!! I Love my 4260

·
Registered
188 Posts
ach it was alot of things, self leveling seives, spreader fell apart every 3 to 5 days or it a least haad cracks in it. motor always sounded like it would die when it was idling, elephant ears fell off after updates but that was dealer fault but i was still sitting, had alot of control pressure issues sat for 9 days last year. had alot of electronic issues, then it all shows up in the monitor and you get to punch ok all day if it will let you run. nobody would [or could] straighten it out and case rep Tony could care less. They said they would trade and give me a good deal case would help, the price was double difference what a machine that size rents far, I finally found a good case dealer that had a deere 9760 and traded to him. They know the combines and there customers are no. 1 Iam sure he will fix it and someone will be very happy with it, Just don't get one if your dealer has not supported several of the 10 series. I have a 4410 it is a good sprayer but it has un fixable issues also, 2 of the wheel seals leak and always have since new, they worked on them but never fixed them now iam witout warranty and screwed. typical case. I got rid of everything case but the sprayer and turned it green down time has been nothing since, looking to trade sprayer for 4830 and then i will be done with case after 30 years.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
its not just case like that a guy on here had the large deere spayer and after so much work and stress with that machine they finally said they wouldn't do anymore to the machine and they of course wouldn't take it back..

So he was stuck with that....i can't remember his id...we used to talk alot a while back.

I think from the people i talked to the smaller deeres are good machines.

Sorry to hear about your issue...sorry your dealer did that too you.

we have two dealers and they would never do that to us..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your very lucky to have a dealer that can and will put you first thats good, but my dealer could'nt handle 8010 and CNH would not help him. But Iam sure they have people at there ropes end with case all over the country. You can tell that on this Forum.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think dealer support is the point a farmer has to base his decission on. Especially with the amount of electronic in the machines. I'm just about ready to buy older equipment. At least I know its a real problem if the machine quits. Personally I don't see huge differences between brands but the 8010 had a real bad reputation. May be thats changing now . Used to run a 2188 years ago but had a lot of issues with the rotor belt. Went to John Deere walker and then to the CR. But there again dealer support and I farm on 2 different places thats why I consider a case again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a note on dealer support, especially with the 7010/8010 combines:
-7010/8010 have a very steep learning curve since they are so different from what everyone is used to.
-Ask the dealer how many of the technicians have been to a service training class for the machine you are considering. Also ask how recently. The class often covers updates to new machines. Also ask if they've been to the most in-depth class offered.
The number of technicians who have been to curent training is a good indicator of how dedicated the dealer is to the customer. More is better.

I talked to one tech who had several 7010/8010s in his area, and he said they were really struggling to service them properly. He and 1 other guy went to both 7010/8010 classes, and he said it made all the difference in the world. It cut his diag time almost in half for most electrical problems. Lots of good information in those classes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
CNH should step up and fix them if dealer is not capable of fixing 8010's. Or They need a program for dealer technicians of some sort where they have actual problems at there tech. schools that if they don't or can't fix it they can't sell it. but they won't give up a sell, so the customer just ends up with a $300000 plus peice of dodo that will bring about half when he/she trys to get rid of it. It's not right but thats the way it is.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
The computer diagnosis is very powerful for the new machines. It will tell you what the problem is in the electronics most often. You still have to troubleshoot a mechanical failure, but it is much easier on newer equipment that has built in diagnostics than on some of the first computer controlled parts of machinery that were just a magical silver box that either worked or they didn't and all you could do is throw parts at it.

Allcolours -where are you from in Alberta/Saskatchewan?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Kirschenmann,
well I actually live in the Olds area but we farm irrigated land in Saskatchewan. We thought because of rising inputs its better to invest in land where its safer to have a crop every year. We farm more land in Sask but haven't moved there......yet. How come Kirschemann as username? German?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
German indeed, secondarily at least. mostly its my last name and that way I can't forget my username. well, at least after a couple tries I'll get it! Are you planning on making a move there anytime soon?

·
Registered
257 Posts
well, we are kinda spoiled living in the olds area from a quality of living perspective. Farming has been a little rough in olds the last few years. Kicking the idea of moving around but don't think I will. I work with another farmer in sask. and hope we can keep it that way. What kind of combines are you runnin? We will be growing lentils also next year so I will need a good header.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts