The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin about a second combine. Has anyone ran these two machines side by side. We have been Case forever but our local John Deere dealer has a smokin good offer.
Prices now are very comparable so that is not an issue. We were wondering what the capacity difference is the JD with 35' Hydraflex header and the CIH with 36' Draper. Also wondering about wear items local guys say the CIH wears better but not many people have had much experience with both of them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have ran several side by side demos with 80 and 7010`s against JD 9760`s but not the 9860. Have been told that the only difference between the 98 and the 9760 is hp The cleaning system on the deere is less than the 10`s . This is what I`m told every time we trade a farmer out of his deere into our 10`s, is that the cleaning can`t match well with the threshing on the JD. The 8010 has always ate the deere for lunch but again have not seen a 9860. The 10`s wear very well also. I`ve yet to replace an auger because it wore out and wehave several high acre machines out. good luck

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
instead of a 9860 you could buy a 2588 and chip it... then basically you would have the same machine...as the deere....

also either way get a draper....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There is no way a **88 can touch a deere in high volume straw. Is chipping something your solution for every thing?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Don't waste your money on a 9860, buy a 9760 as others have pointed out here all deere did on the 98 was crank up the pony's. You got to give the marketing dept credit though. allot of 98's got sold on ego i'm sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are running hillside machines in the PNW and no one will put a leveler on a 9760 so we are stuck.
As far as headers go we need a flex head to pick up things on the ground I have heard the JD draper is not so good at that.
Still not too sure

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Ninty240 why not its what deere's been doing forever....

if it works for them why not for us?

also since when? why wouldn't a 2588 do that good?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
They have to small a feeder house is why they can't handle high volume straw. Up here it doesn't really matter how many sq inchs of seperating area the combine has, if the crop can't get put into a combine you can't seperate any thing. Down there in corn country its a different matter when all the feeder house has to do move cobs up into the rotor any old feeder house will work.

Actually the Lexion are probably the best combine for high volume straw.

Case has much improved the capacity of the rotor but they still have that little pissant feeder house. Untill they come up with a much improved one they are going to be beat every time by a Deere here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have never heard of a post feed roller. Your not referring to a silencer kit by chance are you? I'm guessing not so could you please explain what a posi feed roller is.

I have trouble believing that the feederhouse is an issue on an '88. Usually the wheat around here is in the 90-120 bushel range and with a 30 foot head power and rotor loss are the limiting factors as far as capacity.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Mar 5, 2009, 10:56am, gleanerf2fan wrote:That ladder to the cab is a joke for that hillside combine.

Ladders are over rated anyway......everybody around here that
ran 02's always went in & out the left side.......with no ladder:

·
Registered
108 Posts
8010when, A good friend of mine farms around fairfield and tensed bought a 9650 from Cash hardware in tekoa about six years ago and just this year picked up a 9770 from columbia tractor (used to be cash Hardware).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts