The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. We're getting our 1st 8010's... I'm getting several opnions on what to get stocked in our service wagons fo these machines... Any and every little thing to look for would be great. we have 07 and 08 machines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The tri-sweep belt, we go through 2-3 a year on three 07 8010's. But they cut clean wheat so we don't complain too much. But would like to see a different design here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm guessing that the reason we break one a year is because we are running the sieves fairly tight (the settings on the display are 11 for the top and 9 for the bottom. But remember this is just a number and every combine will be calibrated a little different.) and sending a lot of grain through the tri-sweep processor. But the good news is I know we could seed the wheat out of the bulk tank, its that clean. IMO this is the cleanest thrashing machines we have had since the old JD 6602's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have my sieve setting open way more then the books settings and i still have a way cleaner sample then our 88 series machine, knock on wood my 8010s have run well so far. I did have the alternator go out in barley and it fried the ecm but it was still under warranty.. You will love those machines...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
how hard was that to change out on the 8010?
we had that on a 2388 2 years ago....and thats not easy to get too...mainly stuff in the way..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Most of the parts are the same between 07 & 08 machines.
If you're really commited to having every little thing, ask your dealer for a copy of their required stocking list for the 8010, and the optional stocking list. Then order one (or more) of everything on those lists.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts