The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering about other peoples settings on 8010 wheat settings or 20 or 30 series as a guide. Am harvesting 2.5t/ha-3t/ha wheat crops and cant seem to get my capacity up without gettting losses, more so rotor but have had seive loss at times to. Just after settings and also rotor and concave set ups cheers

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
we are harvesting crops more like 1-1.6t/ha, losses seem to be highly variable between varieties and harvest toughness. Last year we had a lot more rotor loss than this year for some reason with similar crops.

Rotor 890-950
Fan 880-940
convave depends on variety, Mace 2-5 Corack 5-10
concave setup is small wire in 1 and 2 and large wire in 3 and 4 i think, havent looked in a while
sieves top 16-20 bottom 7-12

capacity is suffering in mace this year but in the best bits of corack 50t/hr+ was easily possible

good luck with it

steve

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
thanks for the link scott but case in its wisdom denies Aussie users from accessing it, it just says "Forbidden - Users from your country are not permitted to browse this site."

really bloody useful Case, you dickheads...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They seem to be reasonable similar settings to what I'm using and the same concave setup. Was thinking I may have had to change concave setup to 1-small 2-large 3-skip 4-skip like a few blokes around home. How are your losses.? How do u asses it as far as seed counts out the back? Im thinking I may be to fussy in trying to keep it all, if I start finding 6-7 grains in a 10cm square I start to worry( maybe to much) and as a result am missing out on my capacity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.