The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if an 8010 (05 or 06 model) will have enough "umph" to run a 16 row 30 inch head. Currently running an 8 row 38 inch head on it, but thinking about making a switch to narrower rows this winter and kinda wondering about my header choices. Thanks..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes it can, we had to put an extra lift cylinder on or you can get the larger ones from case. Also had to beef up the plate that holds the carrier bearings for the drive line for the feeder. You can get by without any rear weights but don't plan on backing up a big hill.

·
Registered
41 Posts
running around 200 average. Picking very tough this year. Dont know if it's the tier 3 crap on this combine. The 05 8010 we had last year would run circles around this one. This one has been one P.O.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My corn would be in the 150-225 range. Was thinking it ought to handle it ok, the machine I would put it on is pretty stout, the techs say it is the meanest one they have been on. Now the 06 model on the other hand......................................................

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would say if it would pick it up yeah. I think you would just have to go slower. You would need weights on the rear axle though. Sometimes our 8010 could use them with the 12 row. With our 12 row I can run 5 mph with no loss in 200 bupa 20% corn with no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
3416 sitting by my shed if you want it 115000. is all they want for it... weights 11000 lbs case IH's biggest fear was the three bolts that hold the feeder face on breaking. a 16 row ready has different bolts and heavier feeder face. like my 9120

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks FT your insight is always appreciated. What do you think about the feeder face on the 8010? Reckon it'll handle it, had never even thought of those three bolts, but that would be alot of load there. Thinking of going with a Drago or Geringhoff, or possibly building one with 1000 series units. Those old 1000's were some tough heads to beat. I put a many an acre through them and never had the issues that I have had out of my 2200.

·
Registered
41 Posts
put heavy lift option on 06 8010 this fall. couldnt get a 12/30 drago off the header trailer once i installed a small trash reel. Face plate, bolts, hanger its all way beefier. After comparing my new cylinders to the old, i cant believe case puts the small ones on the new 8120's. The lift is unreal. like a whole new machine. I might be ready for the 18/30 drago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.