The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are running yield mapping without autosteer why do you have to manually adjust header width if you are not taking a full head width. You would thing that the software would be written to recognize that you are overlapping with part of the head and not count this in the area being harvested. Do you have to do this with autosteer also?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ya, you'd think it would be that way, but it's not. I've run the system for years and I rarely use the manual adjust. Isn't there an alarm that sounds all the time it's on? The autosteer makes no difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What screen do you go into to turn on auto cut width? Is this just for autosteer? I have never run across this option.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is cut and pasted from torns' reply on the website AgTalk on their Precision talk page. It sounds like a nice step forward in getting accurate yields and maps:

torn
Posted 6/25/2009 18:54 (#756954 - in reply to #756578)
Subject: Re: Real Time Adjusted yield mapping - w/ or w/o Swath control while combining?

roaming assuming you have the latest v21 software installed, go to Toolbox > Head1, and turn Auto Cut Width to ON

Ya, torn is the man when it comes to the Pro600.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Since this feature is using logged GPS data, position drift is going to be a problem. How good of a receiver are you using? If it's an older WAAS unit, then there might be enough position drift to cause this.

-Lance

·
Registered
560 Posts
For the 1/2 of the header that is NOT full, is it overlapping an already-cut (and already-mapped) area? Does the cutting width adjust correctly? Do you get the flashing cut width icon in the lower left corner of the display?

What kind of receiver are you using? (brand, model, GPS correction)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I turned on auto cut width but is was actually auto overlap. I must need the software update. The yield monitor version says v16.4 Not sure what my monitor brand is. It is the pro 600 that came with the machine the part # is 84126831. The GPS is set to WAAS.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yep, you need to get updated to v21. Auto Overlap automatically flips your overlap from one side of the head to the other. You would use this in normal back and forth operation. If you're cutting circles, you'd use Manual Overlap, since your overlap would always stay on one side of the head.

Once you get v21, you'll have an Auto Cut Width option; this is the one that will automatically adjust your cutting width.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts