The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always run an airfoil chaffer in our 9860, we were thinking of doing the same with the 8120. The main reason is for canola, in corn we use the deep tooth chaffer. Any setups or suggestions would be apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
I dont reccomend the peterson sieve for anything in a 8010 the shoe is not sealed and they dont work properly. We have one customer who used one in grasseed for a few years then decided to leave the 1 1/8 cloz slat in this fall and had the best sample ever. Use the 1 5/8 for corn, soys and peas but use the 1 1/8 for everything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steigerman for your input. Yes we will be using the corn chaffer for corn as we do with the green combine, the chaffer we are looking at is a fixed air foil for canola ,small grains and beans. We have been away from red combines for a few years !wow what a change, so thanks again we are just looking for suggestions on set up as our dealer is new to the 20 series as are we. Thanks again have a great harvest,

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hi Mountainman,
We went back to Case combines 2 years ago with an 8010 from JD STS. The first fall we just kept plugging the fan with grain because we were closing the bottom seive too much trying to get a better sample. Then last fall we plugged the fan a few times and could not figure it out as we thought we had the bottom seive open but it was out of calibration. From the 2188 to JD Sts we always closed the seives to help the sample, all I can say is keep the bottom seive open and run calibrations or check them to see if they are correct. I see Case has fixed this problem on the 8120, they put a cleanout door on the bottom of the fan, I hope they put a sensor on the air flow because we tended to plug the fan just when the grain went over the window and then proceeded to combine 100 bushels of chaff and sent the grain out the back.
When set correct and the crop allows the 8010's are pigs, we have trouble keeping them full enough. We are getting nearly 1.5 times the acres/hour out of our 8010 as the last JD 9760STS.
Curt

·
Registered
236 Posts
We run 1 1/8 presieve, 1 5/8 top sieve and 1 1/8 bottom sieves in all grains and oil seeds. In canola we run the presieve open on 1st or 2nd notch,top sieve about 1/2 to 5/8 (10-14 on display)and bottom sieve just under 1/2 inch(8-10 on display). Fan around 850-950. We usually run 5 small wire concaves in front and 3 wides in rear. If its very dry and we are busting up the straw and loading the sieve we will put 2 slots in the third row. This has worked well for us in our 8010"s.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey redtech, what is your sensitivity set at on your grain loss when doing canola. mine is at 30 and I had to keep my fan under 700 or else i was throwing it all out the back. This is our first canola field with this machine and we started after dark tonight. it's running 35bu/ac according to the yield monitor, wtih a 39'swath and dry seed, all I can get is 4mph or else the sieve monitor goes through the roof. The sample that I'm getting is somewhat acceptable, but I think that it can/should be a little better
Any suggestions
thanks
mike

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
we had major problems in mustard, the book settings are wrong, and wolud just plug the fan up,and throow over like a pig, we found we used the conala settings and it worked the best

upper seive to 6 lower seive to 6, fan down to 650, rotor up to 650, and no more problems with fan housing filling with seed, and not much out the back of the machine, hope that helps

·
Registered
236 Posts
SPX Mike....I think our sens is around 40. Just set the combine so your happy then set the moniter to a reasonable point in the funnel. As for the loss..You will have to figure out if your sieves are loaded with extra MOG from over threashing and at higher speed you are carring seed out or just pushing too hard and throwing out. Your sieves may be closed a little too much and fan spd a little slow.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
ran last night in a 81bu/ac canola crop, sample was dirty and owner did not mind because nothing was being lost out the back, he thought 4 percent dockage at the terminal, this was invigor and no weeds on feild, just dirty.... 25 foot swaths 7 percent moisture on irragation
fan 480
preseive 2
rotor 580
upper 12
lower 8
no fan plugs and big big bushels, best canola crop i have ever been in
running 2.8mph on a 8010

·
Registered
113 Posts
concave 40
fan 750