The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your capacity in winter wheat?? Generally looks like 8120 will do 4 mile/hr- 4.5 m/hr ; 40' header; 40 bu/ac; easy thrash varieties; taking in 2 ft of straw; good stand no logding; 85-90 degrees sunny; Throwing over .2-.4 bu/ac; clean sample 1-1.5 dock; using regular chopper. Looking for guys reply that argue higher capacity cuz I believe the rotor starts lugging down after that or for sure engine power goes way down. afx standard rotor; concave setting around 12 with all small wires. It does have the room for more bushels on cleaning but it gets back to the rotor and how much straw. I don't see how anybody is getting 5.5 + mph on 50 bu/ac+ with 2' straw coming in. What am I setting wrong or is my analysis in the normal range.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You might need to close your concave to 2 or 3 . If too wide the straw bridges and won't move thru as easy.The last 3 days of harvesting A friend of mind helped me finish. He has a new 9870 with 40' draper. I have a 7120 with 35' draper. Wheat was running 70-80 BPA. 15-13% m.Straw was not has green has it was when I started. Both machines were running 3.5 - 3.8 mph.In one field the wheat was running 50 to 60 BPA. We could both run 4.5-5 mph. In his wheat he said he could run 4-4.5 mph .

·
Registered
206 Posts
To awoid mistakes with units imperial and metric I shall say it never took us more then 15 min. to harvest one grain tank. 12-13 min is ok
We never had a problems with rotor capacity, more with the cleaning.
And we newer use all small concaves in wheat. Normally it is small bigger, digest, slotted. Not sure if that shall work in your place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts