The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time ive done durum with either the 8010 and 8120 ive tried everthing best i got is pretty much the acs setting, going around 180 bushels-5t/hec doing 7km/h-4.3miles getting around 1470per hour bushels average any faster it starts to throw out the back.
14 top and bottom seive
rotor 900
concave 6
wind 1030
precleaner about 1/4 open
any one have more pointers
thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi OZ8120

I cannot help with the durum setting for a 8120 but have a 2388 and find durum very hard to thresh. We tried to get the samlpe as best as we could but still looked terrible. When we delivered it the bloke on the sample stand said it was the best sample he had seen for that year. So we let the sample get a little worse to keep the capacity. It was going around 6t/hairrigated in 2006. From memory we were getting 35ton/hour. Haven't had any irrigation water to grow durum since.

Jimmy

P.S. how do you like the 8120 and what size front/header are you using.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have never harvested durum but if its so hard to thresh why would you have your cancaves at "6" ?? I would try closing the cancaves.. Just an idea.
Joe

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi jimmy80 thanks my sample is good just carnt get any more ground speed it just throws it out over the seives. places in the crop are getting up to 6.2/hec getting up to 60t/hour but average over the block is around 40-45. the 8120 going great havnt had any problems with it, in bread wheat got her up to 80t/h. got a 40ft 2152 case macdon on it had a couple problems with it mainly beacuse it hasnt been put together propley.
hi harvestmoon not having trouble thresing it got a small wire in the front than a large and 2 large skip in the back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey oz, that sounds like pretty impressive capacity. When you say 80 tonnes/hr in bread wheat, would that be hard red spring or would that be a winter wheat. At that capacity are you limited by power?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi larry, it would be winter wheat as for power it is limited by power sometimes other wise it is my speed that limits me, it will only do 15.5km/h in 3rd gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts