The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 8120 with 2162 Draper, have intermittent issue where no height or tilt angle shows on the run screen, yield monitor says that crop flow is detected but not logged and the forward and back tilt on the head does not work. Twice, after a good bump, all of the above worked fine. Also header control did not work until the other things did. Seems like a strange combination.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you could go into the diagnostic menu on your display then select show fault history instead of display and post the pictures of the faults as well as error history it might be able to tell us something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not near the combine right now, but the only recent fault was for grain detected but not logged. I also discovered that if i agressively raised the head or moved the side to side tilt, the numbers on the monitor would leave for a short timewhich goes along with it happening after a bump or jolt. I am thinking a loose wire or something but haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe there is a wiring issue on the feeder house harness somewhere. I would start by where the feeder house attaches to the machine there are some tight places the harness runs through up there and the movement can cause broken wires. I would bet it’s a common ground. You can remove the wires from the loom and look for any rub spots. Then pull On the wires with 5-10 pounds force and they should not stretch or break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
focus on pinch points, hinge points and rub points where wire could be damaged.
I have learned that there are error codes as well as fault codes. I have several
Header tilt sensorE-0029-05 Line disconnected
Feeder position sensor E0031-04 Shortedto low source
unload tube light E0068-11 Unidentified failure code
Front work lights E-0070-11 unidentified failure code
covers/concaveselect relay E0069-11 unidentified failure code

I have not found the damaged spot but am still looking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found corrosion in the connector at the feeder hydraulic stack. I replaced the harness from there to the header since that plug was damaged. Everything seems to work. T hanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts