The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will have to change the feeder house drive shaft before next season and the PTO on the gear box that drive it because the splines are all worn out. Mechanic told me it was a problem from the combine that the seal wasn't good enough and it wasn't getting any lubrication. Apparently the new ones are made better. Is there some kind of fix for that so I don't have to change that every 3 years? Kinda frustrating fixing something and knowing you will have to do it again because it wears quickly the way it's made...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mechanic checked it at the annual check up... Usually he's pretty good so my guess is it's not too loose but I will check it back at the end of next season for sure. Or he will do it if it goes for another check up next year :). Usually we get them to give us a list of what to check or change and after we do all the repairs we can do ourselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.