The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're thinking about getting an 8120 or 9120 as a one year old machine for next year. Wondering what everyone thinks of these machines, I've read all of Farmertony's posts about the 9120 and have ran one in rice and I will definitely say it's amazing. We run about 6000-8500 acres of corn (4000) soybeans (1500-2500) and rice (1500) through two machines yearly and need as much capacity as possible. I'm really interested in hearing what everyone thinks of the 8120 and 9120 in rice, is anyone running an 8120 with a 35 foot or larger header in rice? Does anyone know if the 8120 will pick up a 12 row 36" or 40" corn header? Has anyone chipped an 8120? Does anyone know approximately how much we'll be looking at each year to keep the machines up? Any tips at all are welcome, not gonna bash anyone about they're information, feel free to send the information through a personal message

·
Registered
3 Posts
30 ft head is all the 8120 wants in rice. One of the things i dislike about the machine is there hydrostats are not powerful enough in the mud when cutting rice goes into bypass mode to quick and there design of how the wire for the mudhogs are protected is a joke mud builds up on them and pulls the wiring apart going through the field. Unloading rate is to slow also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say bypass do mean the rear wheels spin out or does the entire hydrostat bypass? Both of our deere combines' rear wheels will spin out when it gets really bad in the mud. Where are you located? Do you think the 8120 would handle a 35ft in good standing rice? We'll still have a 30 on a 9770 to pick up the tough spots. What are its limits to keep it from handling a 35?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What i'm meaning is when you get the hopper about half full in the mud the combine will just come to a stop you can push the hydro handle wide open and nothing no motor bog no spinning just stopped. I'm located in NE Arkansas and we have some very tough mud, but the 9750 Deere goes where I'm having trouble going with this one. As far as a 35 on the combine,i just don't think there is a need. On mixed ground that was dry when cutting about 3.5 mph was where it performed best standing med grain 190 at 16% after chlorate. And that was loading it up pretty good. In my opinion they need to take the motor from 8120 put on 7120 and motor from 9120 and put on 8120 and if they think they need a class 9 machine find them another for that one just my opinion.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting on the hydrostat, I ran an 8010 with floaters on it and it would spin and pull really good, the only reason we'll be gettin a 35' will be because we run alot of beans also and we're limited to 6 mph by the cutterbar on a 30' macdon with the 9860. The 9120 that we demoed would push the 35' macdon 3.0 mph in tough mud (with tracks) with the rice bein about 18% med grain, 210 bpa and not chlorated, it was an awesome machine to run, never got to run it in drier, more ideal conditions. I'm thinkin the 8120 could get 2.5 mph in these conditions and the 9860 would only get 2 mph with a 30'. I thought I'd get more response on this topic but. How did ya'll turn out?? I'm in central ms delta and we're just finishing, we're usually done by October 10. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't know about 8120s but our 8010s hydrostat pulls fine it will spin 900 65 32 rice and cane tires 3.5 miles an hour is about all the speed we could get before it goes over the screens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crop turned out very good excellent bean yields and thankfully very little damage to beans at all after the rains. Rice was very good at the start on med grain after the storms and the rains put it on the ground of course the yields went down but still good. Hopefully with a little sunshine can finish beans Friday only like about 35 acres. Hope your crop turned out better than some of the horror stories i"m hearing coming out of the delta.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its been the roughest one I've ever seen all our rice was standing but bad mud most of our beans were 75 to 85 damage sold for salvage very depressing

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely the worst i'm ever seen and the worse one lots of people around here have seen. We're just gettin the last of rice finished up this week by some track machines and thats the last of 09. Most of our beans were late and they didn't yield but they didn't have any bad damage but our few early beans were well over 80% damage and our cotton didn't do well at all. We're just glad that everything is gettin washed up and put under the shed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts