The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to run in flax for the first time.I have hard thrash modules in row #1 small grain modules behind them.Should I have hard thrash in both rows?Any tips would help will be pushing a 40' Macdon.Flax has been desiccated 10 days ago.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just use the small wire concaves, nothing added in my 7120.Book says 5 for concave I put it on 1 less unthreshed bols in the hopper.
Book says 600 fan speed, is to much 520 is good on 7120.

I desiccated my flax 25 days ago with a litre round up Knife would finally cut it today.Tried at 11 this morning,no go.Finally at 1 pm it went.8 pm had to quit again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Row 1 Filler plates row 2 hard thresh 3 small wire 4 large wire. I think this is the set up we used last year.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Going to run in flax for the first time.I have hard thrash modules in row #1 small grain modules behind them.Should I have hard thrash in both rows?Any tips would help will be pushing a 40" Macdon.Flax has been desiccated 10 days ago.
****, you must have travel near the speed of sound to keep the combine full on 40 inches :D.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well did try it today ,flax was 6% but straw was still green and the few weeds out there are too.Wanted to wrap on on chopper and spreader blades thinking we will just leave it for a week or 10 days.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Probably best to swath it and leave it for a while but not too long as if the straw gets too brown or black it will want to turn to big cotton balls in the combine trapping lots of seed inside .

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hah you guys should use reglone at high rate. Yes its over double the cost, but it goes through like butter. We use hard thresh (some times with cover plates but try not to), small wire, small wire, slotted. Still very early for us do ours this year, have 600 acres of canola first as well, so don't know my settings. Though I do know I'm nowhere close to the book!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts