The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all, the auger in my moisture sensor of my 8120 isn't working.

- Tested relay and it's ok
- put 12V directly on auger motor and it turns
- 5 amp fuse is good
- Switched the little electric board and didn't change anything
- electronic eye light up when I put my finger on it
- I have power on the orange wire of the 6 pins connector that goes to the moisture sensor wiring. It's on even though rotor is engage or not.

I'm I suppose to have another wire with power in that connector? Rotor must be turning for the auger to work. Do the head have to turn as well?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
560 Posts
1. How did you test the relay? Just a "click test", or did you actually confirm that when the relay latches, it passes the bypass supply voltage?

2. You should have power on the orange wire all the time, and power on the white wire if the separator is on and the proximity switch is covered. The voltage on the white wire energizes the relay so that the 12v supply on the orange wire can go through the relay to the motor.

3. The feeder does not have to be engaged for the bypass to work. Only the separator.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested the relay and had power coming out. I switched it anyway to make sure and didn't change anything.

my ground is good

There is now the magic eye left. it light up when there's something in front but wondering if it transfers signal. didn't really found a way to test it. there is 12 V coming in one pin and a small voltage in the center one.

Only white wire I found is the one going to the motor which doesn't have power. maybe I missed something

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
560 Posts
The "magic eye" should have an 8v signal on pin B when the sensor is NOT covered. When you cover the sensor (light goes on), that voltage should drop to very close to 0 (at least less that 1v). That differential is sensed by one of the combine control modules, which then sends 12v down the white wire to energize the relay. Uncover the sensor, and you should get 8v back on pin B.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally had the mechanic to come. He unplugged Trimble yield monitor wiring and everything started to work again... Think it's coming from a system update. Anyway that Trimble thing has caused us enough trouble, it's all going away and we'll stay with the Pro 700.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.