The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8120 we have had for a while is a pooch. just doesnt have the power thre other one does. she will smoke early in the day. and then clean up. new electric fuel pump and gear pump. has proper fuel pressure. and techs have a idea? injectors? timing?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Our 9120 was gutless for some time as well. We found that the air to air was running high compared to what the computer wanted to see. If it runs over 150 the computer cuts the power dramatically. If that is the case you can PM me and I will tell you how to fix it.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Our 9120 was gutless for some time as well. We found that the air to air was running high compared to what the computer wanted to see. If it runs over 150 the computer cuts the power dramatically. If that is the case you can PM me and I will tell you how to fix it.
I say that seems to be part of it.. You have to have an air issue, the computer must be kicking in after the morning and derating it..
The smoke is from over fueling and not getting enough air.
The chip just changed the computers derating. Motors now a days should never smoke.. They are programmed not to.. Like ur air is plugged but it has to be a sensor issue some how..

·
Registered
192 Posts
We had some issues in the past that the rubber elbow at bottom of intake would collapse and restrict airflow. This in s the one that's in the ducting back in engine compartment between engine and grain tank.thats the big black one with that's about 4" ID or so

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.