The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
We put a stone the size of a softball thru our 8010 this fall. I thought it should have been caught in the stone trap but wasnt. We have some stoney land and dump our traps every day and usually they are full of straw and the odd apple sized stone in the bottom.Now Im wondering if a stone could even get in the trap once they fill with straw. We havent had a stone in a combine since 97 (2188) untill this year so I guess the stone traps must work somewhat. We never had a stone with our TR's, ever! We run serrated blades on the beater. Im wondering how feeder speed effects stone protection. The tab was $21 000 for this one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wonder if the new style beater is the problem. It will increase capacity and offers a little more gap for the material to pass through, but it would have to be worse for catching stones than the 88 series beater. We have a 2577 and it catches at least 10 to 15 stones a day from some of our fields. We dump our trap all the time so it has room for more rocks.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i shoved one the size of a softball though my 1460 but thank god the rock trap caught it

my grandpa put on in his 1440 when he bought it a round later he took in a big one

so rock traps do work i dump mine out every 2-3 days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts