The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been running 8010/8120's for 4 years. We are wanting more capacity in higher moisture corn 20-30 percent. My Dealer is suggesting running 8 straight bars??? Seems like alot of wasted horsepower although I would sacrifice some for more capacity. Have tried a lot of concave and vane setups with not alot of change also running corn sieves top and bottom. Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
657 Posts
sparkypro: we run a 8010 last year in wetter corn we were having power issues our dealer had a set of round bar grates in stock so we put in two of them. first we tried front one left side and second one back on right side. that really made a big change when we would stop and check the grates the round bars would be clean and the oem one's would be plugged full. so we decided to try all four sets of round bars to see how that did and were very happy with them. where we used to be running at 110-115 percent engine power usage with the round bars at the same speed we were at only 90-95 percent engine power. we could not beleive how our fuel consumption changed also. the round bar grates we bought were through caseih we were going to use the kuchar grates at first but after trying the caseih round bars we stayed with them. if you have any other questions let me know. 8010

·
Registered
367 Posts
What size head, what yield, or what bu/hour capacity are you looking for in 20-30% moisture corn? This is where the capacity on these combines drops off, so what you're looking for may or may not be obtainable and you may simply be running against the design limits of the machine. Are you seeing higher rotor losses, shoe losses, or both? The roundbar concaves were designed for just this condition (excessive wet trash/MOG hairpinning and plugging the bar and wire concaves) and should work quite well provided the corn doesn't get too difficult to shell. You're not running a Small Tube rotor, are you? It is also very important to minimize tailings volume to near zero if possible.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
We had the same problem last fall. We were plugging the concaves with leaves. We put all four round bar concaves in and it helped a lot. I ran concave clearance at 10-12 and rotor speed at 425. The higher rotor speed helps the power issue. we have the corn sieve in the top, leave the pre sieve closed. we leave the bottom sieve open all the way. We were running 12 row head in 175-225 bpa anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
we have four 7120 and 8120 that run them and they will not go back even in beans they run them put them in you will be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts