The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 8120 combine shut down for no reason sometimes. It is just like if I would normally harvest and suddenly turn ignition switch off. We changed all the fuel filters and didn't change anything. Mechanic came and the combine did it once when he was there. He really had no clue at all. no fault codes and the fuel pump that pushes fuel from bottom of tank to the engine is working fine. Finally, mechanic left because problem didn't happen again. We havested a full week with no issue at all. Suddenly, it did it again yesterday, but only once.

Getting tired of intermittents problems. Seems like it would be easier if it would just not start and when you finnally find the problem to make it start, problem is solved definitely but I guess it's not the way things are with new machineries now...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Had same type of problem on Case Ih 1203 swather. Would quit for no reason then start right back up when you cycle the key. Ended up there was a warranty update that was never done. In the electrical fuse panel there was a row of huge circuit breakers. Apparently there was enough elec load that one of them would eventually get hot enough and cut out. The fix was they replaced one of the breakers with a 50 amp fuse. Never quit after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.