The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of fitting an Autofarm to the 8120 and it appears I might be able to use the steering angle sensor that is mounted in the steering ram and also the steering valve on the combine. My problem is that when I dissconect the steering angle sensor from the combines wiring and connect it to the Autofarm harness an error message comes up on the Pro 600 to say that it is dissconnected. I can't seem to find anywhere in the system to tell it there is no sensor . The error message keeps coming on and there is no option to ignore it. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
85 Posts
If the sensor is an optional add on, you may get away with what Torn has said, but if it's something that is always on the combines, it may not work, as the factory programming will always attempt to find it.

Is there any way to split the output (a "Y" harness of sorts) from the sensor so you get feedback to the combine's computer, as well as to your autofarm system?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks torn!!!! Just went and did what you said and the error is

gone. This won't affect the GPS signal You helped me get into the yield monitor from the Autofarm? I can't image the two would be related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts