The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know exactly how much capacity a person would gain going from an 8120 to a 9120? We have a chance to move into a 9120 but am wondering if it's worth the extra price tag. If the 8120 was chipped to 510 hp would the difference be very significant?

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is not any difference in capacity of the machine, same size sieves, and elevators. The engine is just bigger. If you run a chopping corn head or chop your straw and need the "magna cut" chopper than it would be worth it since you are probably running out of horse power, but if you are overloading the sieves or elevators with grain then it will not make any difference.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
makes sense to me, I wasn't sure if the 9120 was any bigger other than hp. Our dealer has guys running Steinbauer chips on 8010 and 8120 and they are happy with them so I figured why spend the extra $$$$ if the hp is noyt much different after a chip is installed. Problem solved. thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
In some situations extra hp is really useful. We had some thoughts about chipping the 9120 (it has bigger motor then 8120) some 10%+ to original 530hp would create a beast. In perfect conditions it would make no difference but in high yield and not even field (some spots of green or weeds or other things what creates additional load for a combine) it is very useful

·
Registered
560 Posts
Only if the dealer reports it...

Yes, but if the dealer doesn't report it and it is later found out, I doubt the company would look fondly on him for warranty fraud.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
the difference in the cvt drive is one more clutch pac, we were told it was not nessicary, but would be the weak spot if any

7120 and 8120 cvt are the same

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Not trying to burst anyones bubble but the fields around here that were combined by chipped 8120's are worse than the 9870 fields. The operators either need to take a combine setting course or take the chips out. Two farms with five combines between them and the fields are seriously emparrasingly green. Some of fields had to be sprayed out after the volunteer was so thick and the rest should have been. All five of them have the small tube rotor and are run by long time case guys. I would have thought they should know how to set them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts