The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like my 8120 to have this option to shut off the grain tank augers so I can clean out the unload auger just like on the 8230/9230. I see the option is on the pro 600 so does that mean if I make the changes to the mechanical unloader drive the software will support this function? I assume so if its an option on the pro 600. So my next question is why cant I find a kit to add the needed components so I don't have to buy piece parts?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I believe the cross augers were run hydraulically on the 20 series. I would think it is possible to add this feature but you will lose some of your unloading speed as the hyd. drive is not as quick as the gearbox and chain.

My understanding is that it was intended for rice growers and was not a very popular option due to the decreased unload speed. That is probably the biggest reason there is no kit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I can't answer that one for you but I'm guessing that you would have to spend way more than what would be feasible to do it. They changed enough things there that may not even be doable. Someone else here may be able to answer that for you but the best thing you could do would be to go and have a look at a 30 series and see how it looks. Did you try the online parts store?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. The mechanical drive can be changed out to a dual drive but i need to know if the "shift" button will control it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Impressive, didn't think you'd be able to do that. Sorry for wasting your time didn't realize you had that all figured out.:eek: You would have to think that it would work but it seems that things are never that easy.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Sounds like quite an undertaking if it is even possible. The computer is probably the least of your concerns. If you could rig up the second drive somehow, you could just rig an electronic clutch or something and run a switch to the cab I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts