The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8010 is at the dealer for some work, and yesterday when i stopped to check the progress, i saw an 8120 and a 9120 that appeared to be case test machines due to all the extra wires running into the cabs on both. The 9120 looked fairly normal, but when i took a closer look at the 8120 i noticed that the muffler looked completely different than production units. When i climbed up on the engine deck, i noticed that the machine had a tank for adblue fluid. Is this on all the new machines, or is this something case is testing to meet the upcoming emissions? Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My guess is that you have had a close encounter with a tier IV engine. The 2011 combines will have to have them

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the muffler on this thing was very large. Probably 4 or 5 feet long, and ran parallel to the unloading auger down the left side of the engine deck. Also due to all the heat sheilding, it appears that the exhaust gets very hot. Something we will all be dealing with in a couple years i guess.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did take pictures of it, but for some reason i can't get my computer to recognize my phone, so i will take my camara with me when i go there tommorrow. Hopefully it's still there.
One other thing i forgot to mention that i thought was neat was that the 8120 also had what seemed like plumbing for an air compressor. Down on the left side, on one of the shields that swing open there was a coil of air hose that you could unhook and take with you anywhere on the machine, and it looked like they had set it up so you could just hook your compressor up to one spot on the machine, and from there they had plumbing that ran to different spots on the combine, like the engine deck, where you could just take the little hose and plug it in to that port. Maybe this is nothing new, but my 8010 doesn't have it, nor did i know it was an option. Pretty slick though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The compressor is I believe a new option (maybe standard) for blowing off the combine or the radiator. Our saleman was talking about it a couple weeks ago, but I don't recall when it was going to be on production machines.

·
Registered
177 Posts
THe air compressor is an option on the MY2010 combines. Did you have any luck with the pictures or are they "the ones that got away"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts