The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi from Australia

1563 is an Engine fault code specifically a Fuel Temp Signal of low priority ie It wont stop you or cause damage
IT will derate the engine if the fuel temp climbs past 100 deg c progressive to 150 deg c where it will derate to 50% engine power and stop there.
Dont know what the -03 means though.

The fuel temp sensor is up on the filter on the engine and it is the one on the left side as you look from the back deck.
It should have a 5 volt power supply

So pull off the connector check the voltage if it got five v then either the earth through the engine controller is bad the sensor is buggered or you do have high temp fuel which would derate the engine and you would know for sure theres a problem anyway

Hope that helps mate
Let me know how you go with it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Follow up on the above

-03 means you have a short to high source meaning the 5v side of the wiring so lets go fishing
Remove plug from sensor look at it from the side that plugs into sensor with the clip facing up.The cavity on the RIGHT side with key on should have 5v to earth with your voltmeter

IT HAS you say ok leave it disconnected and disconnect the engine sensor plug from the ECU Its the one on the back ie your looking straight at it when looking at the engine on the service platform its kind of off centre to the left it has a cam lock arrangement so all you need to do is pull the lock and as you go it will pull the plug out of the controller
You still with me??
Now back to the fuel temp sensor plug holding it the same way as before with clip up check the LEFT side pin this time and check for voltage again.
IT HAS you say well your short is in the wiring harness that connects those two plugs and now the fun begins again you will have to replace the harness or strip the insulation off it and look for the two wires that have rubbed through.
Now if you want to check your sensor it should have 780ohms resistance at
60deg c /140deg f across the two terminals. Just put in some water on the stove ( when mums not home)with a thermometer .
If that does'nt get you going you will have to book me on the next Sydney(Australia ) -- LA flight and tell me how to get to the farm
Cheers
Time for a beer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just realised i forgot to say all that is done with the key on.
Turn the key off before you plug back into the Engine controller and all the alarms will reset as fair dinkum you will have more alarms going off than a 747 loosing four engines over the pacific ocean:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.